10. Secret Kiss

Darryl POV:

Waking in the morning feels as if I have made the greatest mistake of my life, and I have...Being engaged to princess Samira is both a gift for my family, but an eternal trap for myself. The thought of me having to roam around the castle with Samira as Zak is shining before my eyes. There is no escape from my destiny...

My mother drags me to the bakery where Ms. Niki and Ms. Rebecca yells, "Darryl! Congratulations! We heard of your engagement to princess Samira!" 

I shyly laugh and smile while staring at my mother, what a large mouth at times. I replied, "Thank you, thank you." 

Ms. Niki says, "Maybe once you're a prince you can invite us over to the castle to have tea with your mother." 

I nod, "Of course, I would not expect less. As long as Ms. Rebecca bakes her wonderful muffins to bring along." 

Ms. Rebecca replies, "I have some for you in fact, once your mother told us this morning I immediately started baking. Here, chocolate and blueberry muffins." 

I smile, "Thank you." 

They nod their heads, "Darryl is getting married to the princess!" 

I fake laugh and grin, "Yes I am." 

After sitting at the bakery for a while, I get up and say, "I believe it's time I pay Mr. Blade a visit. It has been a while and I'm sure he'd love to hear of my engagement." 

Ms. Niki and Ms. Rebecca say, "Alright, congratulations once again!" 

I wave, "Thank you." And leave. 

I go to Mr. Blade's home and knock on the door. He opens the door with a light hearted smile. He says, "Darryl! Welcome, come in, come in!" 

I walk in and say, "Having a good afternoon Mr. Blade?" 

He nods, "Oh yes, yes. Alex, Callahan, and Ant are here as well by the way. Just along on the couch." Going to the living room to see Alex, Callahan, and Ant sitting on the couch drinking some tea. 

I say, "Mr. Blade, you're truly young like us." 

He shrugs, "I can't help keep you all out of my home. I do not mind at all though, you all make me feel young of course." 

I sit beside all of them and Mr. Blade asks, "Chamomile?" 

I nod, "Thank you." He pours me a cup and hands me a plate of biscuits. 

Callahan says, "I baked the biscuits, hopefully not too dry." 

Alex takes a bite of his, "Must I say another time, they are delicious." 

Ant nods, "Callahan should cook more, it is truly good." 

I take a bite and nod, "They taste good Callahan, thank you for going through the trouble." 

He shakes his head, "No trouble at all, you're welcome." 

Alex asks, "So Darryl, the other night your mother had come over to my house looking for Karl. What was it about?" I can guess the ring. 

I sigh, "So everyone, I have some news to share. No need for overreaction. I have...gotten engaged to princess Samira." They all gasp and nearly jump up from excitement. 

Callahan says, "Seriously?" 

I nod, "Just last night, I went over for dinner at the castle and done then." 

They all say congratulations and Mr. Blade says, "Congratulations Darryl! And the princess out of every maiden? How lucky the both of you are to have each other!"