9. Ring

Zak POV:

I'm in my room as our tailor is fixing my attire for tonight. Father and mother said we should dress nicely. Perhaps because a knight, clay, will be there as well. I flinch as the tailor nearly punctures through me with her needle. 

She apologizes over and over again as I reply, "it's alright. Nothing happened." Then once she's finished she compliments my looks for which I thank her for, and thank her for her wonderful job. She leaves my room and I sit on my armchair in the corner of my room. 

I get to see Darryl today. Perhaps he's dressed nicely as well. A corset would suit him perfectly to have a femininity to his figure, but nice contrast with his muscular build. I would love to see that. 

As I'm day dreaming about Darryl, Samira barges into my room," THEY'RE HERE!" I look at her and nod as I get up. She turns around to leave my room and I can't hide my large smile. 

We walk to the castle entrance where my mother and father are already standing there. We wait until Darryl, Cara, Lucy, and Clay leave their carriage. 

Clay in informal knight attire, but still proper. Cara has worn a lovely dress made fit and perfect for a loving mother. Lucy has worn a beautiful dress that is supposed to catch my eyes and create a fury in Samira of jealousy. 

But my eyes only latch onto the one...Darryl. He moves effortlessly and the way his hair lightly swoons in the gentle breeze of the day. We greeted each other and his eyes glimmered when he stared at me, different than ever before. 

I say, "Welcome back to the castle." 

Darryl replies, "Thank you Prince Ahmed." He glances at my family and I know he only called me that because we were around family. 

I ask, "How was the trip?" 

He replies, "Good, thank you for the carriages." 

I shake my head, "No need for thanks." 

He says," And thank you for allowing Clay to visit. We were ecstatic." 

I shrug, "No need for thanks. Glad it made yo-Lucy happy." 

He replies, "Of course." 

We go inside and sit at the dining table. My father at the end, mother diagonal to him, Samira, then I. On the other side, there is Cara, Lucy, Darryl across me, and then clay. Our parents make conversation along with Lucy and Samira with each other. Of course Samira is beside me making snarky jealous comments to Lucy because of her dress. 

I say, "So Darryl and Clay, how is it to have a brother? I am not fortunate enough to have one." 

Darryl shrugs, "Troublesome at times, but overall well. Like any other sibling." 

Clay replies, "It's alright." 

Clay makes a weird face at Darryl and Darryl just tries to keep a smile. Seems to not be that great of a relationship between them. You don't have to lie to me darryl, I'll fire him and send him to some far away town where they are all cow farmers who clean feces for a living. 

Darryl asks, "So Prince Ahmed, how has your day been?" 

I reply, "Lovely, and yours?" 

Clay says, " Darryl hasn't done anything correct this morning so assumably a horrible day." 

I stare at clay, "I asked darryl." I can tell clay didn't expect a blatant response from me. 

Darryl replies, "Oh it's fine, but my day has been good. Family is healthy, here for dinner, what else may I ask for?"