13. Fate

Darryl POV:

A week later...I wake up in my bed, getting up to change and help my mother with breakfast. We discuss today's events and my mother goes over proper manners, our attire, etc. But eventually in the day, before noon, I walk to Alex's house. 

I think to myself, "I'm going to tell him. If I don't, then I'll have no one who actually knows the truth between Zak and I...I need to tell him. Get it off my chest before the wedding later on." 

I get to the door and knock. Alex opens it and says, "Darryl! What are you doing here? Today is the wedding!" 

I laugh, "Yes, well I thought I should just visit you quickly before I get prepared and leave for the castle." 

Alex says, "Come in, come in." 

I walk in and we go to his kitchen where he pours a beer for himself. He asks, "Would you like one? Or are you better off?" 

I smile, "It's alright thank you. Better to save my alcohol for later tonight." 

He chuckles, "Yes Darryl! You're getting married!" 

I nod, "Yes, that's actually a part of the reason why I came here today." 

He asks, "Really? Are you feeling nervous?" 

I sigh, "Of course. But I had something else on my mind as well." 

He asks, "Before you go ahead, may I say something?" 

I nod, "Yes." 

He sighs, "Darryl I just want to say that I hope today goes wonderfully. You are my true family, all the Saints. Seeing you with Samira today as Preston is to read some verses or something alike, I've wished happiness for you. I truly believe if anyone in this universe deserves happiness, it is you my brother. And afterwards you and Samira are happily wed, I'll pour you a drink then. We can say a speech before chugging whatever is in our cups. I'm so excited, I feel my heart race just thinking about it. I'm happy for you Darryl, I cannot wait for the time ahead of us!" 

I smile, "Really Alex? Because I wanted to say that I actually lo-" He interrupts, "I couldn't imagine someone better for you either, Princess Samira! You deserve her and all the future awaits! What were you saying?" 

Samira, yes, my future wife. She's who everyone wants me to be with. 

I stare at him, "Oh...I was saying that I actually had come to ask you something. It's about something Samira has heard of and wanted to participate at our wedding." 

He asks, "What is it?" 

I respond, "I wanted to ask if you'd be my best man? You stand beside me as Samira and I get wed. And she has her own maid of honor. She's chosen Lucy, they've grown quite close to a pair of inlaws." 

Alex asks, "What about Clay? He is your brother." 

I shake my head, "If anything, you're much more of a brother to me than he is. Alex, I want you to be my best man." 

He smiles, "Of course Darryl. I will stand beside you at the altar, you have all my support." 

I smile, "Thank you." 

He asks, "Was that all you came over for today?" 

I nod, "Yes...Now I must be heading off. A lot of preparations to do. Be at the castle by three the latest." 

He replies, "I'll be there." 

I say, "Goodbye Alex, till later." 

He waves, "Goodbye Darryl."