21ᴳᵘᵉˢˢ ʷʰᵒ'ˢ ᵇᵃᶜᵏ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟏

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟏

"ᴳᵒᵒᵈ, ᵇᵉᶜᵃᵘˢᵉ ᴵ ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ʷᵃⁿᵗ ᵗᵒ ˢᵉᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᵃˡˡ ᶠˡⁱʳᵗʸ ʷⁱᵗʰ ᵒᵗʰᵉʳ ᵍⁱʳˡˢ."

━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━

AP History, they had an exam which the group of Fae friends were all confident they did well.

Now it was AP English for Florence. Max and Hunter were talking about their accomplishments for college. Ginny turned around to Florence, super worried. "Have you done any extracurriculars?"

"Uhm" Florence looked up to the ceiling to think about it. "I did end up joining student body council. Also theater, did some kind of background production. But if I knew there was karate here I would have joined that too." Esme pulled Florence into joining student council with her so that they could spend time with Andrea. Andrea is president of it and has more tasks and things to do, like helping out with the sophomore sleepover while Esme and Florence helped out with the planning beforehand. "But don't worry we're only sophomores, we still have two years to do other stuff." Florence told Ginny, not that it even helped her feel less worried.

Mr. Gitten announced to the students that there is a National Junior Pulitzer Essay Contest. He was going to be choosing one person to proceed into the regional competition with the theme being where do you feel you most belong.

After class Florence was with Andrea, Esme and Daisy in the halls. Daisy looked down at the board in her hand. "Hey Flo, can you get in touch with the sound director and ask if they are one hundred percent sure that they can work out their issues with lights."

Florence nodded, "Yeah sure" The two working on sounds and lights had a rivalry which would get in the way with practice sometimes. Florence saw Abby and turned to her friends with a smile. "I'll catch you guys later."

Esme silently clapped to her, "We'll see you later."

"OK. Concern for my time of need has been, uh, short-lived." Abby was sitting on the floor beside Ginny who had just up and left. Max and Norah were nowhere to be seen.

Florence kneeled down beside Abby but before she could surprise her and talk she saw someone familiar walk through the doors. "Oh my god, Zion...that's Ginny's dad. I didn't know he was coming."

Abby slightly jumped from the sudden voice behind her but didn't say anything.

"You okay?" Florence stayed kneeled down beside Abby as she lightly bumped shoulders with her.

Abby hummed, "Yeah I'm fine...it's just now everyone is slowly going apart." Abby got up with Florence so they could talk away from the boys since the girls were gone. "I'm just afraid that MANG is going to fall apart and I'll be left alone. Norah's MIA, Max is busy and there goes Ginny."

Florence put her arm around Abby, "You'll always have me though-"

"But you" Abby glanced up to her, "You have your friend group and I have mine. I don't want to take you away from your friends. They'll just hate me more."

Florence was giving Abby a ride home. "Hey if it ever gets that serious, you are welcome in my friend group." They were now in the car, getting ready to leave.

Abby chuckled. "Esme hates me, you know that right?"

"That was a long time ago. They love you." Florence smiled at her with a chuckle.

Abby thought about how it would be. "It would be very weird. Norah and Esme are sisters." She let her head hit the passenger head rest. "Yeah it'd be really weird."

"MANG will be fine...hopefully." Florence stopped at Abby's house.

Abby lightly smacked Florence in the stomach. "Geez, thanks for the reassurance."

"Hey" Florence moved her shoulders up. "I said hopefully because I can't make promises."

Abby unbuckled her seat belt. "Hey...not to make this serious or anything but...do you like you know...wanna be my girlfriend or whatever." Abby looked out the window trying not to make it serious.

Florence fully turned her head to Abby with a smile. "Yeah, I'd like that." Even though Abby was still turned around Florence could see her reaction through the window. "I can see you smiling over there."

Abby turned around and gave Florence a quick peck on the lips. "Good, because I don't want to see you all flirty with other girls."

"Hey, first off I am never flirty with other girls." Florence smiled and put her hand under Abby's chins to lean in for another kiss. "Sorry I can't stay. Family reunion with Ginny's dad."

With that Abby went home and Florence drove herself home. Walking into the house she heard them speaking so she decided to surprise them. "Of course we're doing a blanket fort!" Florence shouted, surprising Austin, making him cheer. Ginny followed Austin to the other room. Florence glanced at the two adults, Georgia and Zion. "Oh...yeah..I'll just be on my way." Before leaving to the other room, Zion gave her a hug, welcoming her.

The kids all came back with blankets. Florence helped them make a blanket fort for Austin and Zion.

━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━

After school, Georgia texted Florence to be there for dinner, dinner with Paul and Zion.

Florence and Ginny were staring at each other, making discrete faces while eating during dinner. Dinner was what you could expect, awkward...at first. Gladly Paul is great at talking with people, what you'd expect from a mayor. Paul and Zion were bonding.

Georgia looked at her kids, speechless.

Florence watched the boys go into the blanket fort. "They're getting along well."