26ᴱᵛᵉʳʸᵗʰⁱⁿᵍ ᶠᵉˡˡ ᴬᵖᵃʳᵗ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟔

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟔

"ᴳᵒᵈ ⁿᵒ, ⁱᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵒᵐᵉ ᵒᵛᵉʳ ᴵ ᵇᵉᵗᵗᵉʳ ⁿᵒᵗ ˢᵉᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ᵖʰᵒᵗᵒ ᵃˡᵇᵘᵐ ᵒᵘᵗ."

━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━

"So you heard everything too?" Georgia and Florence were walking on the phone.

Florence looked out her car window. "Yeah it was a mess. Marcus got punched, Abby had to deal with the fallout. Max was harsh on her when Abby was just trying to protect her and keep the group together. I feel so bad."

Georgia took a deep breath as her daughter told her about the argument that happened with Ginny. Her mom then proceeded to tell her even more news.

Florence widened her eyes as she furrowed her brows, "She sent the letters to his dad!" Florence groaned while letting her head hit the headrest. "Everything is just going downhill. Friendships are broken..."

"Honey" Georgia spoke to her, "I understand if you want to stay over at Abbys. Ginny blames everything on me but then I see you, you're the bright one in our family."

Florence had a small smile on her face. "You're the reason why."

After they finished talking, Florence got out of her car, she was at the store to buy snacks, hoping it could help. She was ambushed by a guy in a suit. "Florence Miller?" She looked at him confused and nodded. "I need to talk to you about Mary Atkins. I'm a-"

"Private Investigator..." Florence looked him in the eyes, with no expression, tilting her head. "I'm not even eighteen yet, I really shouldn't be talking to you. Anything I say can easily be taken out of context."

"Wait" He hurried to speak so she wouldn't walk away. "Kenny's first wife hired me to look into your mom and the will, and in doing that, I found out some other stuff and I just want to warn you. I think your mom is dangerous...I think she murdered Kenny Drexel."

Florence took a deep breath, clenching her jaw. "My mother would never hurt anyone, you're mistaken." She put a fake smile on and clenched her jaw again to stop herself from saying anything more. "Don't approach me again. The things you're accusing my mom of, they're not true."

He knew that Florence was being hostile about it, so he chose to keep out the findings of Wolfsbane. He hoped that his next stop, Ginny would be more helpful.

When she walked into the store, she glanced at the reflection of the glass door, seeing that he was watching her. Walking to the restrooms, Florence locked the door to call her mom. "Mom? The P.I. , He approached me just now. Everythings going to be okay, right?"

"Yeah" Georgia spoke back. "I can't believe he actually made contact with you. I dealt with things. The less you know the better."

━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━

The entire day at school, Florence kept her eye on Abby. She didn't want to be too overbearing but she wanted to be by her side at all times.

During lunch, Florence was standing beside her group of friends, staring over at Abby who was sitting alone. Esme and Andrea noticed where her eyes landed, Esme cocked her head to the side staring at Andrea. Esme was the one to walk forward and put her tray on the same table as Abbys. "You guys coming or what?"

Florence slightly smiled at Esme and hurried to follow after her, sitting beside Abby. Leaning towards Abby's ear, Florence whispered to her. "Told you she didn't hate you."

Abby had a hurtful smile as she leaned her head on Florence's shoulder. "You're always there for me...I never said it before but thank you."

"You don't have to" Florence had a small visible smile on her face. "I just want you to be happy. You deserve it. Can I stay over tonight?...maybe baby picture night."

That was when Abby's smile turned just a little more real. "God no, if you come over I better not see the photo album out."

M.FADE chose to keep the talk casual, not wanting Abby to feel left out.

━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━

Ginny and Austin burned the wolfsbane plant together. They had their bags packed, Ginny kneeled down by the motorcycle to speak to Austin. "Austin, you understand, right? Mom isn't who she says she is, and I need to get out of here. Are you sure you wanna come with me?"

Austin nodded, "I wanna come...but why can't Florence come with us too?"

"because" Ginny was getting the helmets ready. "Florence is loyal to mom. I don't think we can trust her...plus we don't have the room anyways."

━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━

Florence was with her friends at the election night. Georgia approached them, "Have any of yall seen Ginny and Austin anywhere?"

Florence looked around the crowd, shaking her head. "No, I came with my friends."

Georgia walked away, "Okay, tell me if you see them."

Hearing that Paul won, Florence cheered and clapped her hands. The blonde quickly raised a brow with a smile at Esme and Andrea. "That's the guy my mom's gonna marry."

Esme snapped her hand, "Can you make Wednesdays a day off for us at school?"

Andrea turned to stare at her, "That's not what a mayor does."

"I was kidding." Esme defended herself while Florence laughed at them.

Her laugh slowly faded away from seeing the Private Investigator stand beside her mom. She began clapping again when her mom walked up the stairs.

After the election night finished, Florence went to Abby's house. Abby had stayed in, which Florence didn't blame her. She spent the night being there for Abby, putting a movie on, trying to get her mind off things.

━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━

A/N

Yo Act 1 officially done