|PROLOGUE|

HAZEL LILY POTTER
"Darling, I have a side you never want to see. Do not make me show it to you"

 Do not make me show it to you"

JULY 31st, 1985 - PRIVET DRIVE

The Second Bedroom

In comparison to the neat and composed House, the Second Bedroom was a mess. You might as well ask who lived there..

The room belonged to a Miss Hazel Potter who was in no way a normal girl. Why, she was as abnormal as it was possible to be because she was a witch!!

Yes, a witch. With a wand, a broom, a cauldron, robes and smelly potion ingredients but at the moment they were locked in the cupboard under the stairs. The simple reason for this was that her relatives HATED EVERY FORM OF MAGIC.

Now, why was she at her aunt and uncle's home? This was because of blood wards that kept her safe. You see, on the 31st of October 1981:

FLASHBACK:

A dark wizard called Lord Voldemort had killed Hazel's parents and had tried to kill her as well. Hazel's mother, Lily, had used ancient blood magic to keep Hazel safe. When Lord Voldemort shot the killing curse at the infant Hazel, it had rebounded at him, leaving him indisposed and in form of a spirit.

Because Lily's sister, Petunia, had the same blood as her, Hazel lived with her aunt and uncle.

Last year, during a deadly tournament, after 14 years, the feared Dark Lord Voldemort had risen again with the help of Hazel's blood who thinly escaped death's narrow clutches.

Right now, however, Hazel was annoyed because the Daily Prophet, the Wizarding Newspaper, had printed her to be a liar and claimed that she was merely speaking about Lord Voldemort's resurrection for attention.

Hazel, however, was not concerned. She knew that people were fickle. They changed sides to suit themselves. She had experienced such situations several times. To her, her friends and some adults were precious - for she knew that they would always support her.

Oh! And another thing, Hazel HATED Professor Albus Dumbledore, contrary to what people believed. HE was merely interested in the 'Greater Good'. For HIM, Hazel was a tool to be used, a weapon to be sharpened and a mean to put an end to Voldemort and his reign.

Every year it was the same - because of Dumbledore's incompetence, Hazel had come close to losing her life four times. He wanted her to be submissive and malleable.

FLASHBACK

Hazel was lying on the bed thinking about her friends who had not sent one single useful letter to her. Friends who did not even care to check how she was coping with Cedric's death and Voldemort's rise. Friends who had sent letters that said "We can't tell you where we are" or "We'll get you soon". On her birthday morning, she got a call over the telephone.

It was Hermione Granger, one of Hazel's best friends. She and Ron, another friend, wished her a happy birthday, apologized for the lack of information and told her some shocking news.

She always knew that Dumbledore was untrustworthy but this??

Apparently, Dumbledore had forbidden Ron and Hermione from sending her letters or informing her anything because he said it might get intercepted. But on eavesdropping, Hazel's friends found out that Dumbledore wanted Hazel to be submissive, malleable and weak. Providing her information or training would be unnecessary and harmful for them. Dumbledore was raising her to be a 'sacrificial lamb'.

Hazel had always known she was Dark. She always knew that Dumbledore was not what he seemed to be. She also knew what was expected of her - being the Saviour. She was supposed to desist Dark Magic, Slytherins, remain submissive and respect authority. The same was expected of her friends.

So, to the public she remained the perfect little Gryffindor and the Saviour of the Light, while practising all sorts of magic with her friends. She did not need to hide from them.

Hazel knew that Dumbledore was raising her to die. But she would not. She was not his marionette. She was not a righteous lion.

SHE WAS A SLY SNAKE IN THE LIONS' DEN! SHE WAS CUNNING, AMBITIOUS, RESOURCEFUL AND - DEFINITELY NOT SUICIDAL, THANK YOU VERY MUCH - WOE BETIDE ANYONE THAT DARED TO USE HER!