013💖

Alexa groaned as she walked into the kitchen. She saw Charlie sitting there. "My head hurts. I've been studying all night. And my head hurts."

Charlie smiled. "I know. I heard you ranting at the paper. I don't know what it did to you," she joked.

Alexa rolled her eyes. "Well it sucked big time."

"Go get some coffee. And literally down it. Can't have you falling asleep at school," Charlie said.

Alexa poured herself some coffee. She groaned. "That feels so good."

***
Charlie took Alexa into school. She smiled as she saw Tom. "Morning sir," she said as she looked at him.

"Morning Alexa. You okay?"

Alexa nodded and smiled. "Yeah. I kept my sister up all night ranting at my coursework. And I think I annoyed her," she told her.

Tom laughed and nodded. He smiled. "Well don't stay up all night working. Coursework can wait. Sleep can't," he said.

"Noted."

***
Alexa was sitting in the common room. She rolled her eyes as Rachel and Adam walked in. "Lex. Can we talk to you?" Rachel asked.

"No. I don't want to know."

Rachel sighed. "Adam and I are getting married. And we would like you to be bridesmaid. Along with Charlie's daughter."

Alexa rolled her eyes. "Charlie's baby hasn't been born yet. So I doubt that'll happen."

"When she's here silly. We're not getting married just yet. We want to wait until Charlie has given birth," Adam said.

Alexa frowned. "I fail to see what my sister having a baby has to do with you," she said.

Rachel sighed. "Don't be like that. Please Lex. I'd love you to be there for us. Please."

"Leave me alone. Please. I'm trying to focus on my upcoming exams. So go away."

***
Tom saw Rachel and Adam leaving the common room. He smiled and walked in. "Hey. You okay?" He asked.

Alexa sighed. "They're getting married and they're asking me to be bridesmaid along with the baby when she's been born. I don't want to. I don't want to be happy for their wedding when I'm not happy for them. She isn't my mum until she gets rid of him."

Tom smiled and took her hand. "It will be okay. You can always talk to me. I promise," he said.

"Thanks."

***
Charlie smiled as she saw Alexa. She looked at her. "Hey. Mum told me about the wedding. Are you okay?" She asked.

Alexa shook her head. "No. Not really. She doesn't care about me. She doesn't want me back. She doesn't understand that I'm not going back there till he's gone," she told her.

Charlie nodded. "Well babes. You're always welcome at mine. You know that. You have your own room. And you're safe there. Okay?"

"Okay. Thanks."

Charlie kissed the top of her sister's head and walked off.

***
Alexa saw Bolton. She walked over. "Oi. I heard you have vodka. Can I have some?" She asked.

Bolton shrugged and handed her the vodka. Alexa downed it in one. Bolton smirked. "Oi Oi. Mason's kid knows how to drink."

"Of course I do. I can outdrink anyone," she said as she turned and walked off.

But in that moment, Alexa had no idea how one event was going to change everything for her.