08💖

Alexa had been staying with Charlie for a little bit. She didn't want to be near her mum and Adam who had recently moved in.

When she woke that morning, she left the bedroom and saw Tom. Alexa frowned. "What you doing here?" She asked.

"Charlie and I need to talk about the baby. Considering we're not together anymore," he said.

Alexa nodded. She saw Charlie and sat down. "Is is okay for me to be here with him?" She asked.

Charlie nodded and smiled. "Yeah. Course it is babe. Nothing untoward will happen so till be okay," she said as she looked at her.

O-Okay."

***

Charlie took Alexa into school for the first time since she had been found. She was nervous about going in as she didn't know how people would treat her.

Charlie smiled. She could see how worried she was. "Look. I know you're scared. But you honestly don't need to be. It'll be okay. If anyone says anything then you let me know okay?"

Alexa nodded. She was worried about being back in school. She didn't want to be there. But she knew that she couldn't keep putting it off.

***

Alexa was sitting in the common room. The door opened and Rachel walked in. She smiled. "Why don't you come home tonight? I'll make your favourite. Lasagne and wedgies," she said.

Alexa shook her head. "No. I'm going with Charlie tonight. She has her baby scan," she said.

Rachel sighed. "Alexa. Please. I just want to try and make things right with you. I know I haven't been the best mum. But I want to try and be there."

Alexa shrugged. "Not tonight. I will this weekend."

Rachel nodded. She sat down. "Are you having fun with Charlie?" She asked as she pulled into a hug.

Alexa nodded and smiled. "Yeah. It's okay. I feel happy there. We've been having takeouts so I'm loving it," she said.

"That's no good for you.  You need more healthy options. Charlie can come tonight after the scan and we'll have a girls night. You can go back to hers," she told her.

"Look. I don't want to be there around Adam. After what I've been through, I don't trust men."

Rachel sighed. She knew that she needed to get Alexa used to being around Adam considering that she and Adam were engaged.

***

Later on that night, Alexa stood in her bedroom at Charlie's. She looked up as she walked into the bedroom. "Are you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah. I'm okay. I'm just tired and in need of sleep."

Charlie smiled. "Well the hospital cancelled my scan today. I don't know why. So, we can order in some Chinese and then have an early night," she said.

Alexa nodded and smiled. She got changed and cuddled on the sofa with Charlie. She smiled. "Can I still stay here when you have the baby?" She asked.

"Yeah. I'm getting a mortgage for a house. You're having your own bedroom."

Alexa nodded and sighed. But with how she was feeling about Tom, how long could she keep it hidden?