015💖

Alexa groaned as she woke up. She had been getting texts from Tom and her mum. She didn't reply. She didn't want to deal with reality yet.

The door opened and Charlie walked in. She smiled. "I'm shocked to see you in your bed and not walking through the front door," she told her.

Alexa grinned. "I thought I'd surprise you all. That, and I have a huge headache. Mum has been texting me today. She wants us to be at her wedding."

Charlie rolled her eyes. "Yeah. Well. I'm carrying a watermelon. So she has no chance in me getting into an ugly little dress," she told her.

"I'm just not doing that. I'm not bridesmaid material."

"Oh me either babes. Come on. I'll take you for breakfast before school. I'm starving. But I don't want to cook," she told her.

"Woo."

***
Arriving at school, Alexa hugged her sister and walked off. She saw Tom and smiled. "Morning sir."

"Morning Alexa. Are you okay?" He asked.

Alexa nodded and smiled. "I'm good thank you. I'm just full. My sister took me for breakfast before we came here and I took on a full English."

Tom laughed. He looked to her. "You'll be fine. You can work it off in PE. Which is running."

"About that... I erm... I hurt my ankle last night. And well... I can't do PE," Alexa said as she looked to him with a grin.

"Of course. I'll see you fourth lesson."

***
Alexa walked around the school. She saw Rachel and sighed. "If you've come to ask me to wear an ugly dress, then no. I'm not doing it. I don't support this bloody wedding. And I won't support it."

Rachel sighed. "Come on love. I need my little girl there with me. I can't get married without you. And you know that."

"But you were happy with Eddie. Adam doesn't make you happy mum. I know what I'm talking about. You're happier when you're with Eddie," Alexa said.

"Eddie is the past. Adam is my future. And you're my daughter. So I want you there," Rachel said.

"I don't know. Just leave me alone. Please."

Rachel watched as she walked off. She wanted her daughter's to support her in her relationship with Adam. But she knew it wasn't going to happen.

***
Alexa was walking through the corridors. She saw Tom and pulled him into a classroom. "I just wanted to see you. I know I shouldn't. But I can't help myself."

Tom smirked. He looked into her eyes. "Meet me. Tonight. We can go for a drive and have a chat. But I just want to spend some time with you. Not surrounded by everyone else," he said.

Alexa nodded. She looked at him. "Pick me up tonight then. Corner of my sister's street."

"Okay."

***
Alexa made her way out of the house. She saw Tom's car parked up and ran over. Tom unlocked the door and smiled as she got in. "I've been here an hour. Just hoping you'd come."

"I told you I would."

The two of them looked into each other's eyes. Tom placed a hand on her cheek and smiled. He kissed her lips gently. Alexa kissed back.

Unaware of what this was the start of for them. But could they get it right this time?