020💖

Alexa was still in hospital from having her appendix out. She knew how she was in pain. But she was alive and that's what she was thankful for.

Alexa didn't know where she was going to stay when she was discharged. She knew she didn't want to be around her mum. But she didn't know if Charlie would have her there.

She knew how she had been unwell. But she never thought her own mum would choose Adam over her. Especially with all that had happened.

All she knew was that it was all a huge mess. And she had no idea what to do. She felt like her whole life was falling apart.

Alexa looked up as Charlie walked in. She smiled. "I didn't think you'd be seeing me today," she mumbled.

"Why would you think that?"

"Cause you've been here ever since I was admitted."

Charlie rolled her eyes but smiled. "I've been talking with my lawyer. I'm going against mum for custody of you. You're nearly sixteen so I have to help you. I've been given custody of you until we can go to court," she told her.

Alexa's eyes widened. she looked to her sister. "Can you even do that?" She asked.

Charlie nodded and smiled. "Of course I can. I have concerns for your safety. And my lawyer says it's for the best you stay with me," she told her.

Alexa nodded. She knew how messy it was all getting. Especially as her mum and sister were going head to head.

***
Alexa walked into Charlie's house. She sat down on the sofa and sighed. "Are you sure you want me here?" She asked.

Charlie nodded. She looked to her. "Course I do. You're my sister. I can help you. I've just gotta sort your stuff out. So I'm going to mums to get your clothes and that," she said.

Alexa smiled and sighed. She laid down on the sofa. "Thank you. For letting me be here," she said.

"You're welcome. Get comfy and I'll go to mum's."

***
Alexa looked up as Tom walked in. She frowned. "I didn't think you still had a key?" She asked.

Tom smiled and nodded. "Course I do. I just had to come and see you. Are you okay?"

Alexa nodded and sighed. "I'm good. I'm just in some pain," she said as she yawned.

Tom took her hand. He smiled. "You're going to be okay. You're a warrior and you've been through so much. But you've got this," he told her with a smile.

"Thanks. I think."

***
Charlie walked into the house. She frowned as she saw Tom sitting on the sofa. "Tom? What's going on?" She asked. Alexa was sleeping.

Tom looked to her and sighed. "I care about her. So I just wanted to check if she was okay," he told her.

"I know. But you can't just turn up and to see her. She's been through a lot. And she needs someone to care for her."

Tom nodded. "I do care. She means everything to me. I know I hurt you. But I wouldn't have done it if it wasn't for the fact I do like her a lot."

Charlie nodded and sighed. "Just don't hurt her."

***
Alexa laid in bed and sighed. Rachel hadn't even tried to contact her. But could the relationship between mother and daughter ever get back to how it used to be?