51

It's all too sudden for Luffy.

How the dinner from last night ended at midnight, the pirate crews are chatting to him with excitiment since he along with his brothers are now part of their family.

All of this overwhelming feeling he's having until now, he did not forget to write the letters for Makino.

He told her everything.

His sickness, the offer from Whitebeard Captain, his new brother but he did not told her about his previous live.

Not once.

He does feel guilty, a feelings that he's very aware of but Amaya - his beloved vixen - told him not. From that moment, he knew how much understanding his green haired friend is but he cannot help but having doubts.

It makes him sick the fact that he almost puked when he never told her about himself.

The letter sent back thank to his way of idea to transport the letter, he slowly and reclutantly unfold the letter, and begin to read it.

To his surprised, she supported him and his brothers. No, not just her but the whole village are supporting them and even the bandits that he and Ace went to visit sometimes.

Those words that he read it over and over, they are expressing with friendly, warm and kind just like he remember their faces when he walked around for some air during the times Ace still asleep.

He suddenly couldn't help but tear up a little, he did not deserve for this treatment and he's supposed to be an emotionless, cold hearted person who's a Grim Reaper.

But instead he met Neptune and everyone else he knows.

He let out a quiet, tearful and rare laugh as he found Makino's writing, wanting him and his brothers to be careful.

How does this happen?

He and Amaya are supposed to be alone, roaming or watching over the world and yet he chose to give Amaya a new beginning.

She's absolutely adored children and he knew that it's the part of her to coped the loss of their first child.

They were young back then but they dreamt of having a family together. She would often be gentle to kids who hurt the most and experience a cruel reality to the world.

It was him who proposed an idea of orphanage to the mayor and the kind old man agreed due to his debt to him after rescuing him from the group of random pirates.

How things changed when their lives went to completely turn.

Luffy turn his head to looked over his shoulder, his eyes softened at the sight of his three brothers sleeping comfortably in the same bed.

Staring at their faces, he doesn't know whenever he deserves this life or not. He felt so uncomfortable, invading their lives when he's supposed to be dead.

Back then, he asked countless times to god that he begged for forgiveness. Begging the god to end his life and the flash of memories of his family's death. As well as the remaining survivors who are able to escaped from their time of hell.

He can't grow old like normal people does. He can't feel the pain after been stabbing or slashing from his previous rescue of saving slaves. He can feel emotions but he can't feel his heart beat cause all he could feel is numb.

The immortal silently lay beside Amaya whose asleep with her arm loose around his waist and within few minutes - nearly an hour - he welcomed the familiar soothes of sleepiness with ease.

The last thing he thought about is this before he fell asleep;

'Does he deserve this second chance?'