7

Luffy breathes heavily, red flush appears on his cheeks and sweats everywhere on his body.

Half lidded eyes are gleam with pain and emptiness as he gripped the blanket tightly. His body is growing again at once a year because of staying on human body for so long. Meaning, his body is slowly changing due to its age and such.

He never thought that he could feel the pain like any mortals does.

A human body he never used for so long and here he is, laying on the bed where Makino, Ace and doctor are with him. He felt the rare regret seeing his little brother's worry face along with Makino as they stared at him.

He coughed harshly and groan quietly making the small hand grasped his clenched hand.

"Aniki..."

"How is he doctor?" Makino asked, never looked away from him. The doctor pushed his glasses up to his nose, frowning and he looked at the paper he's holding.

"I never seen anything like this," he explains. "Like before, his body seems normal and there's no sign of any cramps or illness that cause any of this. I can only hoped that he's to stay in the bed like usual and I will try to figure out what kind of sickness is this."

"I'm sorry... for making you all..." Luffy panted heavily, glanced painfully at them. "Worried..."

"It's quite all right," the doctor let out a smile. "I always wanted to repay you for saving my family and this is an opportunity for me to help you as much as I can."

He reached down to pat his shoulder. "Rest assured," he reassured. "I will do my best to find any possible cure."

A rare pang of regret hit him. Nobody know that he's a Reaper itself and no one beside Garp.

He's planning to tell this to Ace as well but that time of a year is coming and he didn't get a chance to do it.

When the doctor walked away to his office, Makino promised to come visit again before she went off to the bar leaving him and Ace alone in this room.

"Get better soon dad," Ace said, did not notice he called him other than aniki. He doesn't have a heart to correct him - does he have one? Only his human body does - since it's happening before.

Everytime he get this great pain or fever, Ace always blurted out things and never aniki. Luffy raised him as a brother figure but never a father figure cause he's never acted like one.

Perhaps to Ace, he's a brother and a father to him at the same time. There's once he talked about this to Makino before and he received an amused look from her as well as everyone.

He'll think about that later and focus on the pain so he need to get rid of it by making new organs inside with the help of his abilities. Maybe the muscles and bones as well in case he broke them like last time.

He let his brother taking care of him and himself laying on the bed while replacing inside.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Luffy coughed, slowly lifted his eyes after realized he closed them and grumbles quietly.

"Night time already...?" He croaked. "That's a new record..." he carefully sit up and lean against the headboard then noticed a small hand clutched his hand.

Looking up, he saw Ace asleep while sitting on the chair and his head laying on the bed closely.

His lips twitched from the corner.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
It's been two days since Luffy recovered and went home after the doctor check on him one last time.

Telling the parents to Ace are another level. The boy looked upset, angry but most of all, understanding after he learn a lot about his mother and father who's the Pirate King.

A father who doesn't want his son to be known as the criminal's son and to live a normal life, Ace grows to respect his father more than the stories of the Pirate King.

Which is good for Luffy since Ace has grow to love his parents even if they're death and wanted to know more about them which he gladly did so.

"Remember Ace," he run his hand over the curly hair after sat on his usual single chair and his little brother on his lap. "Everyone but your father's former crews, friends and family saw Roger as a monster or a devil in their eyes."

"What about them?"

He looked up to him with curious eyes.

"Roger's former crews, friends and family knew him better than anyone," Luffy softened his eyes and small smile. "To them, he's a captain, friend, family and nakama."

The boy's eyes are brightened as soon as his big brother begin the story about his father and grins after Luffy called Roger an 'idiot'.

Which the certain man from above sulking and a woman patted his back, giggling prettily.

Garp who's days late after hearing his condition, bawled as he crush hugging him in his arms and Ace attempted to beat him but failed horribly.

But when Ace declared himself to be a pirate, Garp demanded his grandson to be a marine.

"PIRATE!"

"MARINE!"

"PIRATE!"

"MARINE!"

"PIRATE!"

"MARINE!"

"I AM GOING TO BE A PIRATE!"

"BRAT! YOU'RE GOING TO BE MARINE!"

"KUSO-JIJI! PIRATE!"

"KUSO?! HAVE A TASTE FROM MY FIST OF LOVE!"

BONK!

"ITAI!"

Luffy stifled his chuckles behind his hand, paused his writing and closed the book with pen between the pages.

He decided to help his brother as Ace run and hide behind him before stuck out his tongue at him.

Garp let out a big vein threatened above his head. "BRAT!"

Luffy sighed and shook his head fondly.

Speaking of which, he's going on a trip due to next week and he's going to visit an old friend of his.