4

"Lu! Lu!"

"Hmm?" A man glanced over his shoulder to see a little boy running toward him.

It's been two years since Luffy and Ace are living in Garp's old house. Luffy is now wearing a long sleeve black sweater shirt attached with black mask that covered his mouth and nose.

(Like Kakashi Hatake. My favourite character from Naruto :3)

His sleeves been lifted up below his elbows, dark blue casual jeans and sandals. His hair is a bit longer that he has to tied it into low short ponytail.

"Ace?" He questioned as the boy tackled his legs. "What's the matter?" Ace is now two years old toddler and obviously adored his guardian more than ever.

He's wearing a red tank top with shorts and black flat sandals. "Loo'! Loo'!" Ace beamed up to him and show him a white flowers. "For yo'!"

Luffy smiled gently behind his mask and kneel down after he placed the basket on the ground. "For me?" He repeats, letting the toddler put the flowers on left hair of his head. "Thank you Ace."

Blushing at the soft smiling eyes directed him, Ace looked down shyly and nodded as the man's lips twitched.

"Hello Luffy-kun!"

They looked up to see a woman walking toward them with small wooden box contain fresh uncooked food.

"Hello Makino-san," the man politely greeted back, stand up and Ace hide behind his legs. "Do you need some help?"

Makino is a green haired woman who's kind and worked at the bar with Luffy as a cooker and singer.

Luffy often enjoyed singing during his time as a Reaper and got himself an instruments from around the world before they completely destroyed.

They're now secure safely in the basement by their house.

"Oh no," she waved her hand. "It's fine! The neighbours are volunteered to help the package to the bar so you don't have to worry about the heavy stuffs."

She then looked down to see Ace peeking at her. "Hi Ace-kun," she waved at him which he hurriedly hide. "Now Ace," Luffy reached behind to shove him a bit to stand next to him. "Don't be rude, say hi to Makino."

The toddler blushed and bowed politely. Makino cooed, "aww... so cute~!" That makes Ace scowl but a pout to them. "M' no cute!"

The adults laughed and chatted a bit before waved each others as they parted.

"Lu," Ace tugged his shirt.

"Yes?"

"Bed tiwe stori' abou' 'irate King?" He asked. "Please?"

"Hmm... I don't see why not," the man give him a smiling eyes. "I will read it for you later all right?"

"Yay!" Ace cheered and run inside the house. Luffy shook his head fondly and unclip to get the drying clothes.

The immortal has been telling him all stories about the Pirate King which he has been watching for awhile ago and known all kind of adventures they've been through. Luffy decided to wrote them in the book so he can read it for him.

Ace has been intrigued about them and never get tired of it.

Speaking of that, Garp is going to visit them for dinner and he better prepared some sake for him.

As the sun goes dawn, he is busy cooking for dinner and Ace is playing pretend to be a pirate with toys around him.

"Dinner's ready," he called out and at the same time, the door been slammed open revealing a familiar man with huge grin. "I'M BACK!"

"Garp-san," the man nodded and Ace rushed to climb the chair. "Grandpa!" The toddler beamed.

"Gyahahaha! My grandsons!" Garp dramatically crushed them in his arms and let out a tears of waterfall down to the ground. "I miss you so much!"

"Garp-san!" Luffy barked, struggling to move. "Let go! You're crushing us!"

"Brat! Call me grandpa!"

"Hell no!"

Ace is just laughing.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"Hoo, I can make it right..."

Luffy pat his little brother on his head as he fell asleep, pull the cover up to his chin and quietly walked to the door, and slowly closed the door leaving Ace asleep with night light on.

He walked to his room on the other side and goes inside, grabbed his cloak and put it on before walked again to the living room.

"Leaving?"

He halted, glanced at Garp and nodded. "I need to pick up something," he tugged his mask upward. "I will be back around midnight or so."

"Have a safe trip then."

"What about you? Aren't you supposed to have a safe trip when you get back?"

"Cheeky brat!"

His eyes may be blank but there's a hint of teasing and mischievous. Garp knew that Luffy isn't an ordinary human and promised to the immortal that he won't tell anyone which he honestly doubt that it won't last since he tend to blurt things out without noticing.

Too bad that he's not interested to be marine though cause he saw first hand on how powerful Luffy is.

"I am off," he bowed his head, opened the front door then closed and flew as soon as he stepped outside.

The Reaper effortlessly flew and his eyes glow with emotionless face.

He got souls to collect.