31

Don't jump into conclusion cause I did said that there will be plot twists right? It will explain later. No hard feelings :).

Luffy eyed them silently. He know why they are here and why Whitebeard seems so interested of him.

He recognized their presences before and frankly, they seems to notice his Haki which is impressed since he never intend to bury it but seeing their slightly stiff poses makes him thought otherwise.

Marco never felt so overwhelmed before. The man who's his captain is interesting to, have a Haki that easily forced them to step back but hold firm.

Thatch is also noticed but remain oblivious as he's chatting with the confused fishman.

There's something about him making the phoenix inside of him cooed with fear, awes and respect. He feels like he's not a human but he is.

"What are you two doing," Jimbei asked. "Hiding behind the bushes?"

"Ehehe... we're just.... want to talk?" Thatch said sheepishly. The fishman just quirked his eyebrow and turn to Marco.

"We just want to talk with the person who's friend with king Neptune," the first mate explains.

Jimbei let out a frowned. "What exactly do you want with Luffy-san?" He stepped in front of the immortal protectively. Even if they're good friends but Luffy is the first human - not exactly human but still - that sees fishmen as equal and showing kindness to them including Fisher Tiger who's quickly warm up to him.

Even Arlong shows respect to him.

Only Neptune, Fisher Tiger and himself knew that Luffy is the Grim Reaper, and it is saddened to them that their friend have died at such tragedy and horrifying end. He was so young and doesn't deserve such cruel fate.

They vowed to protect him even though he's very powerful but they could at least wanted to keep him safe.

If the government find out and attempted to used him, Jimbei have no doubt that Luffy will overpowered them included marines.

Most importantly, Luffy is his first important friend and there's no way in hell that he will give up on him. If those two want him, they have go through him first.

The immortal blinked, staring at the back of the warlord surprisingly. He could see how stiff his friend is and he's even more surprised that he felt himself moved by his action.

He've told Neptune and Jimbei about his past, even sharing it with Fisher Tiger cause he knew what it's like being tortured.

They are so horrified after they learn that he's been raped when he was alive years ago and Fisher Tiger shared some understanding with him. Luffy reassured them that they're long gone and death.

Marco and Thatch blinked, more surprised than he does - Luffy never shows his expression but the small glint in his eyes thought otherwise - cause they never seen Jimbei like this before.

This man, Luffy as the fishman called him must be very important to him and Neptune as well since they are friends together.

But Whitebeard did told them about their history together ever since Neptune was young back then. So this man is like a pillar of strength to him, that would explain why Neptune is keeping his friend close.

"Jimbei," Luffy stand behind him and pat his shoulder lightly. "It's all right." Immediately, the warlord relaxed by his touch and loosened his stance.

He sent him a smiling eyes before facing the commanders with blank eyes. "What is it that you two want to talk about?" He asked instantly.

"Actually," Marco slowly let his guard down, witnessing the scene. "Oyaji wants to talk with you, not us."