Chapter 5

I practically grabbed the door handle slightly, gently tilting it

I practically grabbed the door handle slightly, gently tilting it. I opened the door, not to make too much noise. A sigh of relief past my lips, and I made my way. I'm get lost at the entrance of this enormous palace. At the moment, I could use a map, a detailed plan of this place.

I put my legs in front of me, leaning my arm against the wall, not to lose my balance. I'm paralyzed after this incident and I should now lie resting, nevertheless I want to let Azaela know that everything is fine with me.

Going through dim walls with the emission of wood reaching the end of the corridor. The door to the mistery room are much larger, so I guess it could make a massive difference.

Unable to show my curiosity, I grab the handle to open the door. When I come in, there's no one here, just an empty office.

In the middle there's a massive desk with a laptop and some papers on it. On the right is a pitchy black sofa with an alcohol cupboard next to it. At the back of the desk is a window that covers the entire width of the wall. On the left side there's a huge wardrobe that runs through the entire wall.

This place has an unimaginable atmosphere, the room is in murky colors with scarlet additions.

I go inside looking at every miniature detail of this place. I run my fingers over the desk, feeling high class. There's a strong scent of citrus fruit and a hint of vanilla in the air.

I recognize the smell and my heart starts to beat quicker. I can feel him standing behind me, fuck. Why do I always have to get in trouble.

"What are you doing here?" In a cold, inquiring voice he asked me, causing me to jump. I feel that all the hairs on my skin have become debauched and I'm overwhelmed by panic stress.

Breathe nothing happened, you entered his room without permission, what could bad happen, right?

I decide to turn around and face him, as I turn around I see the paralysis. His pitch-dark eyes follow each point of me, making me shudder. My heart starts to race as I freeze just inside the room.

Emiliano's already dressed up, however he's only wearing gray tracksuits. I try to fight on my own so as not to stare at his dazzling body, which I feel like touching and dreaming.

"I...I wanted to walk and by accident I ended up here." I feel like a total idiot right now, that's even an understatement.

He raises one eyebrow up and puts both hands in his pants pockets as he walks over to me. I take slow steps back, I don't have much space, since my body touches the threshold of the desk.

Without breaking his eyes, he comes closer and closer, until I finally feel his breath on me. His one hand touches my chin, lifting it up. It's warm and his touch makes my knees feel weaker and softer. My racing heart now hammers against my ribcage, threatening to break free.