Chapter 7

"I-I was at the race and I lose it

"I-I was at the race and I lose it." I stutter. I wasn't even enraged about it now, it was nothing compering to what happened after.

Azaleza nods, deliberately listening me. I've repeatedly known that I can trust her.

I continue, "I don't understand what went wrong, b-but it doesn't matter anymore."

Before going on, I take a deep breath, licking my dry lips. "Then I went to the gas station and..." I don't finish, since the memories return and tears are gathering in my eyes.

When Azaela sees what state am I, she hugs me tighter, bringing my head closer to her chest and stroking my hair.

"Relax, take a deep breath honey. It breaks my heart." She speaks in a restful voice and does exactly what he tells me to do.

"Two men came up to me and I thought it was the end of me. They threw me to the ground and took off my pants. They said that they can't wait and that I'd be enjoying this." Halfway through, my voice breaks utterly.

"I was so terribly scared that it would happen to me again. That I'd be raped again." The last word is nearly inaudible.

Only Azaela knows about it, it was exactly two years ago. The day after I came to Italy, to visit my parents friends.

I repeatedly wondered why it happened to me, what I deserved. I recall that day like today, every little detail. At that time, I was devastated and depressed. I spent the whole days in bed with the hope that this was my end. The only thing I wanted to do at that moment was to take my own life and end this pain.

I saw no further meaning in life. Azaela tried her best to help me. I'm grateful, she was the one who kept me and gave advice.

She was the only person I stayed for. I really only had her, I couldn't do it on my own.

It happened then at my friend's house to whom I came. He wanted to spend some time with me since we didn't see each other for couple months. I agreed, however I didn't think that what may happen later could completely change my life. It would never be the same again.

I remember my screams for him to stop, but he persuaded me that he'd improve my mood and I'd feel much better. Back then, all I felt was disgust with myself. It was hard for me to be in my body, the baths were difficult for me. I had to touch myself and the places where he touched me. Every touch was like suffering.

Flashback
Two years ago.

"Your parents aren't here?" I asked a tall brunet who poured me some juice. He was incredibly handsome. We've known each other since I was a child and I always had a weak spot on him. Diego was every girl's dream, he was four years older than me, he probably looked at me as his little sister, not woman who had any chance with him.

He had brown hair that looked slightly sun-kissed. They twirled gently at the ends, creating a boyish disorder. He had the most intense azure eyes I've ever seen. He had stubble on his jaw, and a tattoo on his neck, hidden for the most part under his shirt.