Chapter 21

ROSSETTA DONNATEILLO

I lie on a blanket and let the warm rays of the southern sun burn my naked skin. Once in a while I float on my elbows and sip a chilled drink through a plastic straw, savoring the taste of a sweet drink, caressing my palate. I sigh, allowing the fresh air of Brazil to invade my nostrils.

It's been a week since my and Emiliano trip to the ocean and I still feel sore after our ride together. I didn't expect that choosing a porsche would be a much better idea. Still, I feel alive. I spend quite a bit of time with him, getting to know him. We laugh together and begin to find topics that connect us in some way.

I also learned that when he went to high school his biggest hobby was writing poetry, which completely surprised me. Who, but him writing poetry? He only revealed that he was damn in love with a schoolmate at the time, but he didn't finish the story and efficiently avoids the subject, which annoys me.

"Do you realize that I should now murder half of the beach, because guys are staring at your ass?" He appears next to me, leans over and makes a gentle kiss on my cheek, which causes a shiver running through my body.

I laugh under my breath as he splashes cold water while laying down next to me. He looks at me from the corner of my eye and I let him watch my almost naked body. I'm wearing a pretty stingy outfit, but I couldn't resist it.

"Are you jealous?" I ask and I rise on my elbows again. I drink a sweet drink and glance at him. Showing off my deep cleavage which he pays special attention to, clenching his jaw.

I love to provoke him. I look at him devouring him with his eyes, which is effectively covered by glasses. He's wearing the only black shorts, and his chest rises restlessly. I pay attention to every discovered muscle.

"It's probably obvious." He speaks through clenched teeth, mirroring my body with a hungry look, which makes the stomach clench in a pleasant way. I know he wants me. I see it when he looks at me. However, I wonder if I feel like him as much.

"You're a beautiful woman who doesn't lack anything. I think that jealousy is justified in this matter." He says what completely shocks me.

Could it be that Emiliano fucking Calvallaro openly admitted his jealousy? I smile under my breath so that he doesn't notice, sinking a straw in my mouth.

"So I should also be jealous of every woman who looks at you?" I look at him. He wonders for a while, and I snort under my breath.

"That's what I thought." I add, sending him a smile.

"In fact." He speaks suddenly, and I look at him more carefully.

"Jealousy is a natural thing." He thinks for a moment.

"So I think so. You should be jealous of other women who are hanging around me." He adds, and I laugh. I shake my head increduishingly, take a sip of a drink and sigh.

"If you think I'm going to kill every girl who even glances at you, you're wrong." I say, remembering how he kills people, which I think I'll never be able to forget. I flinch away and try to chase away these bad thoughts as soon as possible.

"I'm not like that." I clench my jaw.

"If you think about what I think you think. Don't torment yourself." He burns out and glances at the ocean.

"It's not you who have blood on your hands. Still." He adds quieter, which causes me to pull my eyebrows and stare into his profile, which is just as perfect as the whole of him.

"Still?"

"First of all, in our world sooner or later everyone will have to clean someone up, if only in defense of their own life." He shrugs his shoulders indifferently, and I glance at him incred.