one

Kiara

Pain.

That's what I'm feeling.

That's what I feel everday.

Pain of waking up early morning.

Pain of always reminiscing about our childhood, where we used to sleep without worrying when to wake up.

When this pain will end.

Why are you so dramatic, Kiara?

Well, what can I say. I ain't Kiara Verma, if I am not dramatic.

Ring...

Ring...

My alarm of 6:35 a.m. started ringing again.

"Abe uth gaye hai na. Stop your speaker." I said dismissing my alarm tone.

I did my morning chores and got ready for breakfast. Before leaving the room, I turned to my bed. I sighed and said, "You know na, you are my best friend. I'll meet you at night. Bye."

Coming down the stairs, I saw my parents and my elder brother at the table. I proceeded towards the table and took a seat beside my brother.

"You woke up early, doctor madam." My mother commented taunting me.

"I actually have a surgery to perform with my seniors today. You see mom, I've become so responsible nowadays. I got up on my own without your tantrums or lectures." I said while stuffing the bread and jam in my mouth.

Oh shit Kia, did you say tantrums and lectures.

I heard my father and my brother chuckle.

"Excuse me." She narrowed her eyes and glared at me. Still to this day, I am scared of her.

"Excused, mom." She sighed.

"Pass me the juice." I said nugding my elbows in my brother's arms.

"You have such a good pairs of hands and legs. Make some use of it." He shrugged and continued eating.

"You are so shameless, bhai. Just wait and watch, you will be single for lifetime."

"You girls are a lot of work. I'd rather be single." He said making me fume with anger.

"You all boys just don't know how to treat a girl. That's the problem. Dad, please pass me the juice."

My dad smiled and passed me the juice.

"That's called being a gentleman." I taunted my brother.

My mom turned her face towards me and a smile graced her face.

Oh my god. You are in trouble, Kia. What did you did?

She started speaking, "Kiara, listen carefully."

"That's what we three are doing since you came into this house." I mumbled but alas it came out loud.

My brother widened his eyes and almost choked on the water and my father started laughing.

"I swear her mouth sometimes gives me such a headache. You are laughing way too much, aren't you Abhi?" She glared at my poor father and he immediately stopped laughing and pretended to continue eating.

"Be home before 6 today. Your dad's friend's family is coming. You need to be present there." Came her order.

Guests, my ass.

"Well they are your's and dad's guest. Don't expect me to entertain them."

"Kiara, please come home early. They want to meet you." My dad's voice came over. He asked so sweetly, unlike my mom, so I couldn't deny him.

"Okay dad. Don't worry. I'll be before time."

My mother scoffed at this and narrowed her eyes.

I smiled towards her and said, "That's how you ask."

"Anyways I'm going. Bye."

I stood up and grabbed my bag walking outside towards my car. I sat and drove to the hospital.

♡♡♡