two

Kiara

Walking inside my house, I glanced at my wrist watch.

Thank god. I'm back before 6. Otherwise, she would have eaten me alive.

My mother's picture came into my vision. She came towards me and cupped my face and said, "Mera baccha, aa gya. Go and freshen up and get ready. I have kept your dress in the bed. Wear that."

I made a weird face and quickly put my palms on her forehead to check if she's okay. She removed my hands and asked, "What are you doing?"

"Are you okay? Why are you being so nice, today?"

"Kiara, go and get ready. I have a lot of work to do." Came her stern voice.

Oh mom, I'm so scared. I scoffed mentally.

"Why are you getting angry? I'm going na." I ran towards my room.

I noticed a kurti lying in my bed. It's quite pretty.

But what's the special ocassion?
Why I'm needed so urgently?
Why they want to meet me?

Something is fishy.

I put my fingers in my chin seeming to be in a deep thought.

Detective Verma, what do you think can be wrong? What they are planning?

If you don't get ready. Then surely things can be wrong.

The vision of my mother's glare came in front of my eyes and I snapped out of my thought. I went inside the washroom and got freshen up.

Wearing the kurti, I took a look at the mirror.

Wow! you look pretty, Kia.

I laughed at my inner thought. We people don't have others to compliment us, so we do it ourseleves.

I put a basic and simple makeup and quickly ran down.

I noticed my father and brother talking to my mom in the living room.

When they noticed me, my mother said, "You are looking really pretty, beta."

"I know." I said. "Dad, why they are coming? What's the occasion and why they wanted to meet me?"

He was going to reply but the bell rang.

My mother grabbed my arms and said, "Be on your best behaviour and dont talk unneccessarily." and walked towards the door followed by my father. I narrowed my eyes at this.

Something is definitely wrong.

I noticed a couple around my parent's age. The man hugged my father and the two women did the same. They started laughing at something.

Old people habits.

I elbowed my brother and said, "Bhai, something is wrong. I can feel it my sixth sense, you know."