ten

Vihaan opened the door to his apartment when he noticed that it was whole dark in the living room. It was pure silence inside the house.

Is Kiara not home yet?

He made his way towards the bedroom only to find Kiara pacing around the room shivering with panic.

"Kiara?"

She turned to him. Her eyes filled with tears. Grave look visible on her face. His heart filled with sorrow at the sight infront of him. He immediately kept his laptop bag and advanced towards her. Seeing him, Kiara embraced him securely and broke down in tears.

He wrapped his arms around her and soothed her.

"Vi, he-that man, he died be-because of me. He-",

"Shh, Kiara. First, calm down." He kept patting her back to calm her.

Vihaan held her arms and said, "I know you're very upset-".

Kiara suddenly pushed him away, "No, you don't." She yelled at him.
She covered her eyes with her hand and kept weeping. She was feeling awful right now.

Vihaan, worried about her state pulled her towards him and wiped her tears. "It's okay, everything will be alright." He comforted her.

He then hugged her and sat on the bed and made her sit on his lap. She hid her face in his chest and started wailing. He gently kissed her head.

After some time when her sob died down, he grabbed her cheeks tenderly with one hand while other rested at her waist to keep her firm.

"Are you okay, angel?"

She shooked her head negatively. She grabbed his collar and said, "Vi, that man. He had an accident and I failed at operating him. He died and I couldn't do anything. You know, while going inside the room, his mother hopefully asked me to save him."

She wiped her tears and continued, "I had one job and I couldn't do it properly. I was unsuccessful and and it resulted into someone else's demise."

He silently listened to her not wanting to interrupt her. He stayed quiet until she finsihed.

He joined their forehead and kept it for a moment. He held her hand with his and said, "It's not your fault that-"

"It is."

"Kiara, listen to me first. You are a doctor. Not a god. You are supposed to try to save people lives and not guarantee it. It was the man's destiny. He was supposed to live till now only. This is not some indian drama where you will pray to god for a dead person and suddenly they will wake up. And you cannot be successful every single time. There will be times when you will fail. There will be times like this again. Are you going to blame yourself for it everytime? No, you cannot. What matters is that did you give your hundred percent?"

She nodded softly. "Then, you're not at fault. Okay. Stop blaming yourself."

She again nodded at him. She was shocked at how easily he can comfort her, when no one else can. A comfortable silence surrounded them as they looked into each other's eyes.

She then gave him a soft lingering peck at his cheek and laid her head in his chest. Staying in the same position for a few minutes, with utter silence, she lifted up her head.

"I'm sorry. It's so embarrassing that I cried infront of you."

He again joined their forehead together, "Kia. It's me, Vihaan. Your Vi. You can do anything infront of me."

She smiled at him but then suddenly scrunched her nose in disgust, "I can't poop infront of you. That's utterly disgusting."

"Oh, she's back." He chuckled at this.