three

Vihaan

"Ahana, I really need to go home."

"Please Vihaan, stay the night. I love you na." She said while hugging me from behind.

I smiled and turned towards her. I cupped her face and said, "I really don't want to go. But mom is calling me since morning. I promise, for tomorrow, I'm all yours."

"Fine. Go. Your mother will hate me more if you stay back."

"She doesn't hate you Ahana." I said nervously knowing that I'm lying to make her feel better.

Well my mother sure doesn't like her. I don't ever understand her. She knows I love her but she just can't bring herself to accept her because Ahana doesn't comes from a rich background. But that doesn't matter, she's independent and I love her.

Kissing her forehead I said, "I love you, you know na."

"I love you too. Bye."

Hugging her for the last time, I went outsise her house and sat in the car.

I didn't really wanted to leave her but I had to. We have been together for three years now. I am even planning to propose her. We met when she started working at my company. There was this, an innocent aura around her which intrigued me. We became friends shortly after but she was still nervous around me as I was her boss. As our friendship grew, I came to know that she had lost her parents few years back because of a car accident. She had been alone since then and studied and worked her way to this company.

I fell in love then and there with her. I confessed to her and surprisingly she accepted. But my mother didn't liked it a bit. But I know, I had to talk to her.

♡♡♡

Sitting in the dining table, I noticed my mother's eyes constantly on me. I knew she had to say something, but she was hesitating.

"Mom, just say what you want to say."

"We have fixed your marriage." Mom and Dad said simultaneously

I was shocked. Say what.

"What? What are you talking, mom?"

"You know your grandmother's condition. She wanted to see your wedding with the girl chosen by her." My mom explained.

"The hell with the girl chosen by her. I ain't marrying anyone other than Ahana." I said loudly, anger pouring through my words. I can't imagine my life without her. I know my grandma just like my mother will never accpet Ahana.

"Don't ever talk about her. I had already cleared that she will never be my daughter in law. You are marrying the girl chosen by your grandma."

I stood up not wanting to listen to their bullshit.

My mom also stood and came across the table closer to me. Cupping my cheeks, she said, "Please Vihaan, just listen to us. She is a very good girl. Pretty, intelligent, smart and kind hearted. She's also a doctor. She has everything a family can look up to for a daughter in law. She's the daughter of your father's close friend. You're gonna love her. Believe me."

"Even Ahana has everything above mom. Then why can't you just accept her. Just beacuse she doesn't have a family. Is it her fault, mom? She's been nothing but nice to you, suffering your every torment. Don't you think it's high time you accept her. Dad, please make her understand."

I said looking towards my father with hopeful eyes. Even though he never really welcomed Ahana, I know he isn't against her.

"Son, she's really a gem. Please accept this. And it is your grandma who fixed this alliance. Not us." I can't believe, even my father isn't understanding me.