nine

It's been a week since their marriage. Everything has been going great for them. Even though they were not a couple in love, they were being extra happy since then. Kiara resumed her work again.

It was a sunday evening and Vihaan was working in his laptop.

"Vi, Vi, Vi." A loud shout could be heard from outside the room. A sigh escaped his lips as he closed his laptop and went towards the kitchen.

"Vi. Can you please come here?" She again shouted.

He came and noticed her cooking something with a spatula in her hand. Her attention was solely on the pan.

"I am here, angel."

She looked up to him confusingly and asked, "Why are you calling me angel? I am a human."

"Because I want to."

She huffed and asked him to bring black pepper from the upper shelf.

"You called me for that?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Yeah. Now do it, fast."

He rolled his eyes and took it out.

He came behind her due to which their closeness increased. Her breath hitched because of it. She could feel her heartbeat quicken.

"What are you making?" He asked in his deep voice.

She turned around to face him. But he didn't moved back.

"Rice cake." He noticed some flour in her forehead. He used his thumb to remove it all while they kept staring at each other's eyes.

Then he moved back. They didn't like the distance between them but slow steps, right?

"It's a korean dish. You would like it." She then turned back her attention to the heating pan.

He took the table behind the counter and kept observing her. His eyes not leaving her for once. She, known to his stare didn't dare look up.

Kiara then picked a rice cake with a fork and moved it towards Vihaan indicating him to taste it.

He opened his mouth and ate it.

"How's it?"

"It's kinda spicy. But it's tasty."

She smiled widely feeling happy that he liked her food.

They had a happy meal as she continued to express her love for the korean dish.

♡♡♡

It was a lovely evening for Kiara as she was making dinner. The glorious shine of the moon reflecting in every corner of their living room through the huge glass pane.

She was finished with the preparation of dinner. Today, she decided to make Vihaan's favourite food.

Throughout the time they have spent together, she has came to know many of his likings. They have grown a lot closer to each other.

She has started caring for him a lot more than her liking. But how can she hold back herself when he always makes her smile, give her comfort and warmth. She loves having his company around her. She feels very comfortable and safe with him. He always make all of her worries go away.

She isn't new to these feeling but she's scared to fall for him as he loves someone else. It scares her that she'll be heartbroken.

She stares towards the clock. It was 8:30. Usually, he comes around 7 or 8.

An idea struck in her devil mind as she decided to prank him. She took her phone and called him.