twelve

Kiara

Sitting on the edge of the bed, I was in a deep thought about the past three months. It was all going so good but I don't what suddenly went wrong. All went to downhill.

It's been a week since we came back from Italy. But there was a slight change in Vihaan's behavior. He's been distant since that day. He would spent all his day working in his office and would come late at night. He would stick to his laptop in home not giving me a chance to even try to talk to him.

Does he regret our kiss? That's the only question revolving around my mind. He must be otherwise he wouldn't act like this.

His phone pinged and I glance at it which was lying in the bed beside the pillow. I didn't wanted to be nosy and sneak into it but again my curiosity took the best of me. Vihaan was inside the bathroom having a shower so I picked it up and noticed there was a message.

I didn't knew the phone's password but the message showed up in the notification. It was from Ahana. My mood got more spoiled seeing her name.

Can we meet Vihaan at the cafe beside our company. Please it's urgent.

My heart dropped reading the message.

Why she's messaging him to meet up? Do they still meet each behind my back? Is he cheating on me? Is she the reason he's behaving like this?

No Kiara. Be positive.

Yes, I should think positively. I shouldn't assume anything by myself. He's been nothing but very sweet to me since the day of our marriage and hasn't given me any reason to think otherwise.

So, I trust him.

I kept his phone back to where it was and went to kitchen. I did cooled down but my mind always went to the message.

Should I ask him directly?

No, he would think that I ain't respecting his privacy. I don't want to come out as an insecure or a over possessive wife.

If he's loyal, he would tell me directly. I won't forbid him to meet her.

After half an hour, Vihaan came in the living room as I was cooking. The kitchen was like an open space which was attached to the living room. I really liked it.

"Just 5 minutes and I'll serve the breakfast." I called out to him.

"Uhh, Kiara. Actually I have to go the office urgently." Nervousness was evident in his voice.

"But it's a Sunday."

"I know, but it's urgent. I'll have the breakfast in the office. You can eat. I'll be back soon." He didn't let me reply as he quickly sauntered out the door.

A frown appeared on my face as I glanced at his disappearing figure. My face fell down as a feeling of betrayal took over me, I don't know why, maybe because he didn't bothered informing me.

No, I should not think like that. He might have said no to her and have really gone to his office. But my gut feeling said otherwise. It's like I should not be naive and so innocent and trust everyone blindly.

It's been twenty minutes since he went and I was growing impatient about all the thoughts revolving around my mind.

Should I call him and ask him directly? No I cannot.

Why I'm being so insecure right now?

Maybe because your husband's ex asked him for a meet up.

Yeah, I have the right to be insecure and jealous and specially if he hasn't informed me.