five

Sitting on the huge sofa, the couple stared ahead at the guests present at their reception, putting up a smile for everyone when in reality they were filled with nervousness for the coming night.

Both dazzling in their glamorous outfits.

"Kia, you need anything?" Meera asked her best friend looking at her state

"When the hell will all these functions will end. I'm already tired. I swear once I get to sleep, I ain't waking up before noon." At this Meera gave her a hard glare.

Vihaan chuckled hearing this. Kiara turned to Vihaan and gave her a wide smile.

She's so cute.

Vihaan kept staring at her face with a smile while she made cute faces to Meera. Viraj noticed this and thought, He's already enchanted by her. Keep up, brother.

"Enough staring for now. After this, she's all yours." Viraj whispered in Vihaan's ears which broke his trance. He nervously gulped and stared ahead ignoring Viraj's teasing smirk.

"You are a doctor, Kiara. You're already tired." Viraj teased her.

"Just wait for your turn. I'll say the same."

"Oh please! I ain't getting married." Viraj made a horrified look.

"I think I got a new job. Find a bride for Viraj. Trust me, you would like my choice." She said smirking.

"Please do it. I already like you." Viraj said which made a proud look appear on her face.

"Because obviously my best friend is useless in such case." Vihaan gave him a kick for this.

Kiara started laughing at this as she took out her fist and fist bumped Viraj.

Vihaan smiled at their fun interaction. He thought of her personality as unique and fun.

His eyes then trailed towards the guests and stopped at a certain figure whose eyes were filled with tears watching the couple.

He was again filled with guilt and remorse. He didn't liked seeing her in tears.

Kiara noticed this and followed his stare and noticed a woman standing among the guests looking at Vihaan with longing eyes.

Who's she? She thought.

Ahana walked up to the stage towards the couple with a bouquet in her hands.

Vihaan abruptly stood up wanting to run towards her. Viraj immediately held his hands and held him back.

"Congratulations Vihaan Sir on your marrriage." Ahana said with a shaky voice which didn't go unnoticed by Kiara.

She then turned to Kiara and saw her little confused state. "I'm Ahana. I work at Vihaan Sir's company."

Wow, you cry seeing your boss getting married. Is it a new trend?

Pushing the bouquet towards Kiara, she said, "I'm sorry I didn't bring much."

I'm already giving you my biggest gift. Ahana thought looking at Vihaan.

Kiara saw the dejected and heartbroken look at Vihaan's face and then noticed the yearning stare between them.

"I'm really happy for you." Ahana said before she walked down the stage with heavy and dejected steps.

Kiara also noticed how Vihaan kept looking as the figure exited the venue.

Oh my god. Was she her lover?

She must be. She has to be. A normal boss and employee don't share that type of look.

She looked at the disheveled state of Vihaan and rolled her eyes.

Another lover drama.

He must be forced to break up with her and marry me.

It's so similar to the fictional stories she read. Is her life turing to cliche?

This man.
Did he really had a lover?
If so, then why did he married her?
Had he broken up with her?
Is he already cheating on me?

All these questions clouded Kiara's mind.

Well that was interesting. Anyways I'll deal with it later.

She then observed Vihaan who still had a gloomy look on his face.

Oh god , please I don't want to deal with his heartbroken ass. My single friends are enough for those drama.

She wasn't going to waste her reception anymore on this.

She turned to Meera and Riya, "I want to dance."

"You ask, we give." They excitedly held her hand and led her to the dance floor where they crazily dance while Vihaan sat staring at nothing in particular. His thought was filled with Ahana's face.

♡♡♡