eight

Vihaan came out of the room with a blazer in his hand when he saw Kiara cooking in the kitchen oblivious to his presence.

He went inside the kitchen and leaned backwards to the counter. He cleared his throat to make his presnce known.

Kiara gaze fell on him and she couldn't help but admire him. White shirt with rolled up sleeves paired up with black narrow pants adorned his body.

"You know, I really have a things for men in white t-shirt with rolled up sleeves."

"I think you should only have a thing for me since I am your husband." He said not liking the idea of her adoring other men.

"Yeah, but you are not really my real husband na." She said remembering their equation which she clearly didn't like.

"So. Am I your fake husband?" He said with amusement. Within the short time they have interacted, she has always surprised him with her mouth.

"No, I mean-"

They were interrupted by the bell ring.

"Oh, they have arrived. Let's go." She washed her hands and then immediately held Vihaan's hands and dragged him towards the door which kinda shocked him. But was he complaining? Hell no. All while, his gaze at their interlocked hands, firecrackers erupting within him.

She let go of his hand and opened the door. Excited by the presence of her in-laws, she touched their feet.

"Since when did you become so sanskari?" Riya asked while smirking at her.

Kiara turned towards her and mouthed her, Impression.

Riya chuckled and hugged her tightly.

Vihaan also hugged his parents and grandmother and led them towards the dining table.

They were all seated and Kiara was serving them.

"Kiara. Sit with us, Beta." Her mother-in-law said.

Wow, she's such a cool mother-in-law. I thought mostly they were vamps.

She thought and took her seat beside Vihaan. "Sure."

They started eating and she earned compliments on her cooking skills from everyone.

When she was a teenager, she only knew how to make maggi. She couldn't even make a perfect tea. But after graduating from her college, she took an interest in cooking and finally learned it mostly from her mother who always taunted her saying, "What will you do in your in laws house?"

"I hope Vihaan treated you good and made you comfortable in the house." Her mother-in-law said to her. She feared that he would treat her badly because of this forced marriage. She knew she was wrong for what she did, but she really liked Kiara for Vihaan. She could see them together in the future.

"Yes, he really did." She said and turned towards him genuinely smiling to him. His heart skipped a bit seeing her smile. It really brought him peace seeing her smile. He really wanted it to be a permanent thing on her face.

Everyone saw the interaction between them and they really felt at peace knowing that there's no bad situation going on between them.

"Did you like the house interior or is it boring just like bhai?" Riya asked teasing her brother which made him glare at her.

"It'a bit dull." This made Vihaan turn his face to her with an eyebrow raised. She made a cute pout in return to convince him.

"You can change it according to your style." The convincer dadi said. "Vihaan won't have a problem with it, right Vihaan?"

"Yes, you can change it." He said.

"Perfect."

"I'm finished. I'm going to office." He stood up picking up his blazer wearing it and heading towards the door.

Kiara also stood up and accompanied him to the door which made him really happy.

"Being the ideal wife. Aren't you?"
Turning around, he said.

"I have to. Your parents are there." She said kind of lying but it made him a bit disappointed but he shooked it off.

"I'm going. Take care. Okay?" She nodded smiling.

"You won't have any problem, right?" He asked as she shooked her head negatively while her smile not leaving.

"Why are you smiling so much?"

"It's kind of cool of us and also weird being like this." She pointed between them with her fingers.

He then took her hands and kissed her knuckles and said, "The food was delicious."

He gave her a last smile and went outside heading to his office. Her smile was not leaving her face.

Someone cleared their throat and she turned around to see a smirking Riya.

"I guess it's going too good for you both."

She shrugged sadly and said, "I guess it is."

She hooked her arms with Riya and led her inside.

♡♡♡