fourteen

Kiara

"Shh, Kia. Stop crying."

Meera rubbed my back trying to soothe me down but I just couldn't.

I can't really describe how I was feeling right now?

Was it happiness that Vihaan also loves me back? Was it sadness that Vihaan is cheating on me? Or was it guilt that I talked so badly to him?

After the confrontation I took the car keys and drove away straight to Meera's house. I couldn't stand being there with him after how I behaved with him.

"I don't know Meera what to do. He says he loves me than why is he with Ahana? And if he's with Ahana, then why did he confessed to me?"

I laid my head down on her lap as she gently stroked my hair.

Meera is that one person in my life who I know will always have my back no matter what. We met back in third grade when she newly joined our school but became really close in seventh grade. And ever since then, we are bestfriends for life or what I like to say soulsister. She's the one who stood by me through thick and thin. My support system. I don't know what I would even do without her in my life. She's my lifesaver.

Her introverted nature and my naive childishness mingled like heavenly flowers adorned in an earthy garden. My happiness without her is as impossible as rainbow without a little rain.

She is my diamond.

"Shh, my Kia. Didn't you said you will never waste your tears on someone who don't deserve it. Then don't. These boys don't deserve you and doesn't realise what a gem you are."

"But still, I feel very guilty for hurting him. You know I could see in his face that he was hurt, really hurt. But I didn't stopped. So heartless I am, na?"

The room got filled with loud sobs of mine. I covered my face with my one hand and wailed noisily.

I could remember the vulnerable look on his face and it hurt more that it was caused by me.

"Why didn't you confront him there only or asked when he came back?"

"Because I was hurt and I didn't have it in me to heart the truth. What was my fault, Meera? That I fell in love with a man who was already in love with someone else."

I sat up, moving away from her lap and looked at with teary eyes.

"I love him. I still do. I hate it that I can't even hate him. But I am nothing more than a thorn in his life. A villian in Vihaan and Ahana's story."

She cupped my cheeks. Her face showed that she was in pain looking at me in such a state.

"No Kia. You're no villian or thorn. You're the queen of your own story."

She hugged me tightly as I wrapped my arms around her shoulders, weeping softly.

"Now sleep. It's late." She laid me down on the bed and tucked the blanket over me, laying beside me.

"It's alright. I'm here with you. Everything will be alright."

♡♡♡

Walking inside our room, I was met with silence. I looked at the wall clock which showed that it was 9 am.

Maybe Vihaan had left for office. On his thought, I was again filled with a heavy heart. I don't how I'll face him after last night.