Aftermath of Victory

Hello everyone, I'm finally back!

UPDATES: I mentioned that a loved one in my house had passed, and I want to say thank you to everyone who sent condolences.

As I have mentioned, I am working on a lot of projects, other than stories, but for updates and news you can follow me on tumblr and look at wattpad messages, since I don't leave authors notes without a chapter to follow.

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER

Her walk to the school was not a peaceful one, as Sakura was stopped several times by onlookers who wanted to talk to her about the Sports Festival. It seemed that this exposure had opened a flood gate like the one with the villain incident. When she made it to the classroom, she assumed that all the fussing would have ceased, but she was bombarded by her classmates the moment she stepped in.

"Is something the matter?" Sakura asked, trying to step through her classmates to her desk.

Mina came running up with her phone in hand, waving it in front of her face. "Sakura, Sakura, this is you right!"

There on the screen was the replay of her fight with the villain outside the supermarket, right where she punched him unconscious.

"Yeah....How did you manage to find that?" She asked reluctantly, wondering how she could erase that video permanently. Although Hitoshi told her once that whatever was shared on the internet would always linger and sometimes even haunt. She was beginning to grasp the concept of digital existence. It was not pleasant to lose yourself to it. Because no punching could fix it.

"Someone made a fan page for you. There are already a few hundred followers, lucky." Answered Denki, turning her attention to his phone screen, showing a webpage with a banner of cropped-out images taking from the Sports Festival and villain video of her. Sakura's face turned blue as if her disdain had wrapped its hands around her neck and started strangling.

"You've got to be kidding me cha!"

"You were so awesome!" exclaimed Eijiro, joining in. "You actually took down a villain!"

"But you aren't allowed to use your quirk in public." Pointed out Tsuyu. "You could get in a lot of trouble."

"I know that already." Sakura went to her desk to sit down and covered her face with her hands. This world really didn't suit her. Admiration wasn't the issue; it was the entirety of her situation that affected her. Keeping her up at night, as she toiled away trying to find an answer to her situation of being stranded in another world. While the world that regarded her as its property was attempting to force its doctrine on her through the social constructs designed for its quirk-filled population. She lacked subtlety for a shinobi.

"Why didn't you wait for a hero then?" asked Kyoka.

"It didn't cross my mind."

The conversation ended thereafter the bell rang and everyone scurried to their seats as Shouta entered his class greeting them, his hands now free from the restraints of the casts. While he didn't mention this to her, Sakura managed to save his eyes from permanent damage by healing him right there at the USJ without leaving any scars. Given the severity in which he had sustained that injury, it was remarkable.

'She is talented.' Shouta thought, glancing over the girl. 'If not for that disposition of her, she'd be the perfect prospective hero.'

It didn't matter though, as long as she was here in this class Shouta knew he had time. She wasn't the only one he needed to guide. Every single one of his students he needed to tend to keep them on the right track towards becoming heroes.