Recruitment

Alright. Here we go. With the end of the year coming and things being a little hectic at home to put it lightly, it's been a bit of a struggle to keep up but I am still here, and I want to say thanks for reading my stories. And I hope you enjoy this chapter!

"Don't worry Izuku, you're going to be fine,"

He couldn't help the sting in his eyes as he looked at that familiar pink hair and green eyes through blurred vision. He knew that she couldn't really be here, he had seen her leave. He saw her step into that portal to face those villains by herself. While he succumbed to the pain of his injuries.

"I'm sorry...." He hadn't realized the paramedics were there, taking him to the ambulance. His chest grew tight, and his breathing harsher. "I couldn't save you!"

Then she smiled, that same smile when she left. That confident, reassuring smile he had wanted to be able to give as a hero someday. Yet here there was still someone offering it to him. It was bittersweet.

"Don't worry Izuku," Then he slipped away, everything fading with his pain. "I don't wait around to be saved anymore,"

..

..

The aftermath following the villain's attack was no less chaotic than the first time. The location had made it harder for authorities to arrive sooner as well as ambulances for the injured. It was ironic that the place chosen for safety reasons was used for its isolation to launch an attack. The end result was injured and poisoned students, as well as three missing persons, two students, and one hero.

Though Sakura had been taken with Katsuki, her clone had remained.

'I wish the original had at least called me back,' It was an awkward position to be left when she heard that the original had willingly stepped away with the villains after Katsuki had been taken. But it was understandable that this was an ultimatum situation that she couldn't refuse because she didn't know what might become of Katsuki.

These villains weren't like the criminals back in her world, they may be calculating but they could also be impulsive and lose themselves to whims. She couldn't count on predictability, so staying close to the problem minimized the risks.

Of course, that meant the clone Sakura was left with scrutiny from everyone. First, she and her classmates were taken to the hospital for checkups before the police would call them in to take statements.

It was between this routine that Sakura was cornered by her classmates in Momo's room. Izuku had been taken in for some surgery and Chiyo was currently tending to his injuries. Though clone Sakura had taken care of his burn wounds, unfortunately, his bones were shattered like shards of glass again and would need surgery before she could administer proper treatment. This was worse than what he had done to himself at the sports festival and Sakura had even sensed some ligament straining.

Once again she was denied access to treat Izuku after the ambulances took him in.

She had been able to treat Momo's head injury though, she also had some minor cuts and bruises. It was her and another student from class B that had the misfortune of encountering the Nomu that the League had brought with them.

Mina swallowed heavily, her hands trembling as she addressed the clone, "So you've been taken by them as well Sakura?"

"Seems that's the case," The clone replied casually.

"What were you thinking?!" Tenya hissed, "Of all the ludicrous things! You willingly put yourself at risk like that!"

"It's foolish," Shouto said in agreement. "You walked straight into danger, and we can't help you,"