The Great Evil part 2

Hello everyone, hope you're all doing well as we come to the end of this year. Seems that things are moving in a blur, we can barely keep up with the changes, but that's a note for another time. Hope you enjoy this chapter!

His mouth felt bitter as he swallowed back the bile threatening to rise with his terror, his suit worn as a disguise was now clinging from the cold sweat and he could hardly breathe let alone blink in fear that the shadow weighing over them all would fall and crush. Destroying them not only in spirit. Although he had faced villains now, even an infamous one, Izuku could not compare any of them to the ordeal that stood before them. It was like they had been skipping over pebbles before coming to a mountain that reached the clouds.

Izuku, Shouto, Tenya, Eijiro, and Momo stood with their backs pressed to the wall, trembling like children who were left in the dark.

It's as if they had forgotten their reasons for coming here in the first place, for following the signal from the tracker Momo attached to that Nomu from the training camp. They had forgotten the gut-wrenching pain of not being able to save Sakura and Katsuki, and how they wanted to amend that by trying to save them on their own.

Despite Tenya and Momo's objections they still came along. And now they were all in grave danger. The monster that stood before them forced visions into their minds, vivid, as if premonitions of their warm corpses laying in pools of blood, mixing and making them sick to their stomachs.

"One day you may face him, a showdown with the greatest evil,"

Izuku did his best not to excuse his late training to his face-offs with enemies, but this was another level of the universe being cruel. Toshinori had warned him about this man and even though he hadn't confirmed it Izuku was certain that there could be no greater evil and no one who could match the description better than what he had been told.

'This is All for One!'

Shouto who was usually composed, looked like he was ready to faint, holding his breath. Eijiro who usually had his heart of courage and headstrong nature had become like mud, Tenya who could blaze past so many was stuck in place unable to feel any strength in his legs, and Momo, who had rationalized her actions was unable to come up with anything passed the instinct to run, even with a body that refused to move.

They were like prey trapped with no way out, paralyzed even before being seen by the one hunting. Yet the presence was so big that it felt as if they were already caught filled with regrets for deciding to come here, even as Sakura stood only a few feet, alone and facing the villain with more courage in the palm of her hands than what they currently had in their entire body.

"Don't move,"

Izuku sucked in a tender breath, silent. He recognized her voice immediately as if his senses sharpened.

"I promise, once I've finished my job healing him, you're going to get a real fight,"

Shouto turned his eyes upwards even though he couldn't see past the brick wall, their only protection from that creature. Was she truly challenging that man?

'Sakura...."

"Oh, you're looking for a fight,"

"No, but I'll be giving one,"

It was eerie how calm she sounded, was that possible in a situation like this? Or was it a bluff? It didn't matter, if they didn't find their courage soon, rules be damned, Sakura was going to die right in front of them.

And yet they still trembled like newborns, unable to properly react, not physically or mentally. it was as if death itself was standing behind them with a scythe raised and ready to slice through them at any moment.