Taking Eri

Hey everyone! It's good to be back. I don't know about you but it's been flooding on my side of the world. I've been trying to move along with the chapters at a steady pace now, of course there's been a pile up of work, especially since I'm moving to create more of my own stories. You'll be able to find out where those are available from Tumblr to keep up.

I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Kai and Eri walked down the dark, narrow alleyway, their footsteps echoing against the brick walls. Eri stumbled occasionally, her trembling feet struggling to keep up with Kai's brisk pace. She knew without being told that this would not be a pleasant experience. Kai's mere presence was enough to make her feel like she was dying, and she braced herself for the inevitable reprimand.

Kai was always punctual. Eri knew that he wouldn't cancel plans for the day, no matter how much she wished he would. As they neared the entrance to the underground tunnels, Kai suddenly stopped. Eri looked up at him, her heart racing.

Turning around, Kai saw a figure at the entrance to the alley, obscured by the flickering light. He approached cautiously, his hand hovering over the knife in his pocket. As he got closer, he recognized the figure as Nemesis, a fellow member of the gang.

"So you're still here," Kai said, his voice laced with suspicion.

Sakura nodded. "Yes," she replied, her eyes flicking to Eri. "Is this your daughter that we were chasing?"

Kai bristled at the question but kept his cool. "That's right," he said, his voice dripping with false warmth. "She can be a bit of a troublemaker, but we're heading back now and no blood had to be spilled."

Kai took Eri's arm roughly and led her past Sakura toward the entrance. He was already thinking about who he would have to appoint to watch over Eri now since he wouldn't allow this slip-up to go unpunished. For one of his men to allow a mere six-year-old to get passed them was worth death.

Kai didn't sense anything amiss, but he was keeping his guard up. After the scare he had, he wouldn't take any more chances for today.

"Let's discuss your decision another time,"

"But I've already made up my mind, that's why I'm here,"

Kai stopped but he was impatient, "Well?"

'Nemesis' strode over to Kai. She didn't know much about Kai's quirk, but she had seen the way Eri had reacted when he appeared ready to attack. She couldn't stand by and watch it happen again, to see that girl's face twist with so much fear.

"Yeah, a rather troublesome decision," Sakura muttered under her breath. With that, she pumped chakra to her feet and launched herself into action. She moved with incredible speed and agility, darting across the buildings like a shadow.

Kai was caught off guard by Sakura's sudden attack. Before he could even raise his guard, she had landed a swift punch to his chest that sent him flying across the street and crashing into the side of a nearby building. He groaned in pain as he struggled to recover, but Sakura was already moving to escape.

She swooped down and grabbed Eri, pulling her up onto the rooftop with her. Eri clung to Sakura like a frightened animal as they raced across the rooftops, putting as much distance between themselves and Kai as possible. He wouldn't be able to pursue them at the heights Sakura reached or call for reinforcements, but Sakura was not going to risk this child's safety even for the confidence of her abilities.

..

..

..

..