Chapter 55: Catching up to Mirio

Hello to you gorgeous readers! . I want to thank you all for your amazing support and all the love you've given my stories all this time. And I hope to continue to give you more stories that keeps you happy as readers.

Hope you enjoy this chapter! Because wow my heart was beating like a thunder storm as I wrote this.

The constantly shifting floors became an increasingly troublesome obstacle. Sakura's impulse was to press forward, demolishing any wall in her way no matter how many there were. But the capricious ground had other plans in mind. Suddenly, the floor gave way beneath them. It wasn't a perilous drop, just enough to send them descending to another level of this perplexing underground world. They found themselves in a dimly lit hall, the air filled with a hushed, eerie tension.

"We're getting further from the goal."

"They want to give Overhaul time to escape from here," said Shouta.

"Hey, hey, hey. Some government authorities have fallen from the sky,"

Out of the dusty gloom emerged three figures, The figures before them were more members of Shie Hassaikai Toya Setsuno, Yu Hojo, and Soramitsu Tabe. With each step they took, they revealed themselves to be members of the Eight Bullets, the loyal protectors of Overhaul. As Fat Gum readied himself for the impending confrontation, Tamaki made a fateful choice.

"Save the strength of pro's for the goal. For the ones stalling for time, I'll be enough!"

'That's surprising,' Sakura noticed the brief struggle etched on Tamaki's face as the walls shifted he had been on the verge of having a breakdown and she wondered how he was a part of this operation to begin with. Still, he belonged to the vaunted Big Three, and that alone warranted trust in his abilities.

"No way! We should work together to take these guys down!" exclaimed Eijro

One of the masked men chuckled, adjusting the katana in his hands, "Yeah work together. I'll kill all of you!"

"It's Setsuno, we can't use our guns against him!"

"Oh? So you figured it out?" When he went in for the attack, Shouta intercepted with his quirk, erasing the other's. Guns were drawn out on both sides, but before any could be released Tamaki used his quirk to create tentacles that immobilized the enemy.

"It won't do any good for all of us to fight against them. With so many pro heroes stopped here we're playing right into their hands!"

'He's right,' Mirio was the only one heading towards their objective, but they also had to ensure that none of the members escaped.

"Fat Gum! If it's me I can completely shut down these guys!" Tamiki exclaimed.

It didn't take long for Fat Gum to direct the rest of the party to a door on the other side of the room. They rushed out but not before Shouta intercepted the three again, erasing quirks and knocking another out. Before exiting through the door with the rest of the group.

..

..

..

The heroes, driven by unwavering determination, pressed forward, leaving Tamaki to face the three formidable villains. Rock Lock and Eijiro harbored reservations about this decision, doubting whether it was wise to let their friend confront such a dangerous trio alone. It was a crucial moment, and uncertainty hung in the air.

But among these doubts, Fat Gum radiated confidence in Tamaki's abilities. "He's stronger than anyone here. But he's weak emotionally, even so, he still became one of U.A.'s big three. Remember that."