Unmasked

Greetings my Spectacular readers! It's time again for a new chapter. I fell really ill last week, and just recovered. I hope you are all taking care of yourselves as we navigate through this busy life. With every fibre of my being I hope you enjoy this chapter!

"NIGHTEYE!"

The tension in the air almost became touchable as Sakura's rage bubbled to the surface. Her chakra flared, a manifestation of her intense emotions, a volatile force. The scene was chaotic, Mirio desperately trying to stanch Nighteye's wounds, and Izuku caught between the urgency of the situation and Sakura's determined fury.

She watched as Mirio fell apart clambering at his teacher, trying to stop the bleeding. It wouldn't help though. His injuries were severe, and Sakura knew that even immediate treatment would likely not be enough to repair this kind of damage.

Losing an arm was bad enough, but if they didn't do something about the wound in his torso there wouldn't be any hope of preserving his life.

Sakura's gaze intensified with a storm of emotions, pierced through the chaos, landing at Izuku's feet. He looked up, a question etched across his face. "You must escape," she declared, tossing him her pouch filled with her medical supplies, "Tie up his arm, and don't move the pike around his stomach,"

Izuku looked at her back, "What are you going to do?"

"Finish this."

In the backdrop of this dire moment, Kai refused to grant them even a semblance of respite. The exits sealed, and their chances of evacuating Nighteye dwindled.

"You think it'll be that easy? I'm going to put an end to you all and your small-minded sense of justice!" Kai's words echoed through the tense atmosphere. "None of you know the value of Eri's power. Quirks progress markedly when you develop them. Through countless experiments, I extracted Eri's power and succeeded in bringing it to its endpoint."

Sakura's fists clenched, her whole being a tempest of fury. The bloodlust emanating from her threatened to suffocate those around her. Kai took a step back, feeling the weight of her rage like a vice tightening around his neck.

"THAT GIRL IS A PERSON! DOES THAT MEAN NOTHING TO YOU!?"

Sakura's words had struck a chord deep within him, resonating with the very question that had been posed to him by his master. The memory of that confrontation, the rejection, the disgust in his master's eyes—all surged back.

When Kai came to him to explain his plan. The one that would bring Shie Hassaikai to the top. Selling the unfinished product of quirk canceling bullets to neutralize the heroes, and then creating a serum to restore the quirks their very product destroyed. With Eri as the catalyst for both products, no one would be able to move in on this business.

And yet without much consideration, his master had shot him down, with that same question. He thought that he would be able to make him see things from his point of view. The bigger picture. Kai thought it might've been the softness his boss held towards his flesh and blood, as Eri was his granddaughter, but even her own mother had abandoned her for her quirk. Why couldn't he see that he could make something great come from that so-called cursed power? He wanted to give back the power that had been taken away from him by those heroes. Did the means to get there really matter this much?

"You... HOW DARE YOU! Don't talk as if you know anything! A MERE INSECT WHO CAN'T SEE PAST THEIR OWN FEET!"

The very ground beneath them trembled, a physical manifestation of Kai's fury. His quirk, a monstrous force, reshaped the facility into a grotesque maw, ready to consume anything in its path. Izuku, quick to react, lifted Mirio and Nighteye into the air, in a desperate attempt to evade the chomping monstrosity that once was the ground.