Chapter 59: Welcoming

OH MY GOSH!

March is shaping up to be quite a month. This chapter I have to give a special thanks to Akira Toriyama. Creator of Dragon Ball.

I sincerely mourn the loss of this amazing creator. He is the reason I fell in love with fiction and story telling. Opening the gateway to the anime world for me. I thank him for being the first stone to carve my path as a creative writer. My heart is broken, but through his creation I remember the importance of hard work, friends, and never giving up on your goals and wishes.

I hope this chapter will brighten your days, and bring you a sense of comfort from the difficult times in your life. Just as Dragon Ball did for me as a child.

Hospitals were always such gloomy places, though meant to be a source of security , a place for healing, it was also a source of dread, a place no one wanted to land in as a patient and in Shouta's case as a visitor. Though he kept his composure however impatient he felt, sitting in his seat, waiting for Sakura until she finally emerged from her room, dressed and ready to leave.

"Do you have everything?"

"Wasn't much to take from the hospital," Sakura shrugged. Shouta watched her walk passed him, trying to sense any deceit in her but she did not grant him the chance to find any.

..

..

Finally outside of the hospital Sakura couldn't help but feel tense, as she approached the vehicle, where Eri stood, next to the driver awaiting their arrival. There was an eagerness in her eyes when she caught sight of Sakura.

"Sakura!" Eri cried, rushing towards her.

Sakura knelt down, enveloping Eri in a firm hug. Feeling her top stained with warm tears from Eri. She had been waiting through the night for Sakura's return and when she hadn't come back, Eri couldn't help falling into a pit of worry. It was an anxiousness she only felt when facing Chisaki.

Sakura gently stroked her hair.

"I missed you Eri," Sakura told her, "You were so brave waiting for me, I'm sorry I couldn't come back sooner,"

Eri looked up, "I thought you weren't coming back anymore. I thought you were going to leave me alone."

Sakura cupped Eri's tear-streaked face in her hands, meeting her gaze. "I'm not going anywhere, Eri. We're going to stay together now, so let's go."

"Are we going home?" Eri asked. She wanted to go back to the mountains in that little run-down house, where she could hear the crickets at night and the birds in the morning. Search for new and familiar animals around their never-ending yard, sit in the morning sun, and learn her alphabet.

Sakura smiled, thinking carefully about this path she was about to tread, "Eri, remember when I told you about school?"

Eri nodded.

"We'll tonight we're gonna go back to my school, and we're going to stay there from now on,"

"We're not going back to the mountains?" There was a hint of disappointment in her tone.

"We can't stay there anymore," Sakura said slowly, "But we're going to stay at UA, and it's an amazing place, I promise,"

Eri was still concerned about something else, "But what about....." Sakura let Eri take her time in asking, even as they stood under the chill of the night air. "What about...him?"

Sakura gave Eri another squeeze, before pulling back, her eyes firm with truth, hoping to finally put the little girl at ease. "Didn't you hear? He's gone Eri. Locked away forever, I promise."