Chapter Three

Y/n POV:

I stopped by the road after walking for about 20 minutes, my heart feeling like it would beat out of my chest if i didn't calm down.

"Why am I nervous? I signed up for this thing anyways..."

A van suddenly stopped in front of me, the window rolling down, revealing a weird person with a mask covering their entire face.

"Y/n L/n?" The person asked, receiving a nod of approval from me.

"Password." The person said again. Why does he sound so aggressive though?

"Uuhh... Red light green light? I think?"

The door of the van slide opened and i walked in slowly, weary of what to expect once i sat inside.

As i took a seat, I looked behind be to see literally everyone else asleep except the masks dude.

"Are they tired or something? I mean it is midnight and all-"

Some type of gas filled the entire van and i felt myself slipping out of consciousness.

Was this a bad idea after all?

"The hell did you do to....me...."

.......................

I turned in my sleep, feeling more comfortable than i do on my mattress at home. I groaned once i heard the sound of classical music,

"What in the world?

....... Ah yeah.... The game thing.... I forgot..."

I looked around me to see other people of beds also releasing groans as the wake up.

Standing on my feet that felt a bit wobbly once everything set in, i walked slowly towards where people were gathering.

On the wall closer to the ceiling, the number

456

Was the reason for people's conversation beside me.

"Does that mean there are 456 players or what?"

Just then, a man with the number "456" on his chest spoke up to an older looking man.

"Am I the last one?"

Speaking of numbers, i glanced down at my chest and realized that i was number 124.

The large door in front of us suddenly opened, a bunch of people dressed up in pink with masks covering their entire face walked out.

One of them with a square drawn on their mask stood in front.

He explained what the game was about and said that we'd have to sign a contract.

"Uumm.. Sir? How much do we get if we win?" Someone asked.

Mask dude pressed a button and some sort of piggy bank was release from the ceiling.

What is this a kid's game?

Anyways about that contract...

Basically, we can't leave the game, we can't stop playing and if majority of us want to leave then the games are off.

"Seems pretty simple to me" i said, walking towards the masks figures, grabbing a pen and putting my signature on it.

We were asked to smile for some sort of picture and we were led down a very long staircase, into some sort of field.

A large doll stood in front with its back facing towards us, 2 masked people beside it.

Whats with the pink dudes everywhere? Are they the staff or something?

A feminine voice suddenly spoke, "Welcome players to the first game.... Red light green light!

The rules are simple. When the doll says green light, you move but when she says red light, you stop.

Any one wit movement detected will be....

Eliminated."

After a few seconds, 2 men who seemed to be close, made a bet.

The blonde one laughed and moved when the doll sang but didn't stop when she stopped singing.

"I thought you'd be eliminated" i muttered.

My mouth hung open once I saw the next event that took place...

The blonde man was....

Shot....

As he fell to the ground, a puddle of blood began to surround him. The doll turned around and began singing again.

I looked around and noticed everyone in shock. The blonde guy's friend laughed nervously,

"Hey man, she's singing again... You can get up now.... Stop pretending"

Once again the doll turned around but the man was still tapping his friend. It was then that I realized...

When they said you'd be eliminated... They meant literally kill you....

I felt sick to my stomach realizing my mistake.

I shouldn't have come here. If i die who will take care of S/n?

"O-oi you shouldn't be m-moving-" I started lowly but the dreaded

BANG

Of the gun but me off. He too, fell to the ground lifeless....

It was then that everyone else started to panic..... Causing them to run around like a disturbed colony of ants......

Big mistake.....

Since the doll had stopped singing, the people in pink shot at us with no mercy. Screams, blood, bodies falling down everywhere....

I stood still, my mind blank... Too frozen to lift even a finger to avoid the bullets.

That is, until a hand suddenly grabbed me, running along. I didn't even get to register who it was until the shots stopped.

My clothes were all dirty, my face had people's blood all over it.....

".. .What the fuck did i get myself into?!?"

The feminine voice spoke again, "I will repeat the rules.

When the doll says green light, you just move. When she says red light, you must stop.

Anyone who didn't make it across the red line after the 5 minute mark shall be eliminated.

Let the game continue"

I snapped back to reality in that second. If i wanted to survive, i just had to time myself right?

Cross that line in under 5 minutes?

Bet.

A new sense of determination washed over me, my nervousness buried deep within me. I have to remind myself, I'm doing this for a better life.

Everyone got in position and the doll began to sing again.

An old man with the number 001 on his chest moved a little too happily. Like he didn't just witness people get shot down like dogs.

..................

I was almost there.....

The timer kept moving....

I have only 20 seconds left. When the doll began again, i ran like my life depended on it, which it literally did.

All was going well until i nearly slipped when she turned her head.

I swear i could feel my heart stop beating....

When she sang, i sprinted in a way that could put regular athletes to shame...

I released a breath i had no idea i was holding until i managed to cross the line, landing a little too harshly for my liking but that was the least of my worries.

As long as i managed to survive, i don't care about how I'd get hurt.

I need that money.....