Chapter Eight

Taking a step into the dorm like place was a huge relief, one i didn't think I'd feel when walking in here.

Hell....

The fact that I'm walking in here without a bullet in my head is a miracle.

I looked up from the ground to see Aakesh before me. He looked worried and exhausted.

Before i could say anything, he quickly pulled me into a hug, no words said.

I haven't known him for that long but i already feel very close to him... Like a big brother i never had.

"If you had died, i would have brought you back and killed you myself, understand?

We're both getting out of this together." He mumbled into my hair.

I smiled and returned his hug, feeling a small sense of comfort in this cruel place.

Later on, I could hear the sounds of gunshots as the players who were unsuccessful were killed.

Over 50 people had died, leaving our number at 108.

The prize money went up again and i sighed.

Remember Y/n this is for a shot at life...

The guards once again walked in, but this time, they walked in with trays.

I sat up from my bed and stretched....

People started forcing lines to get their food and i decided to get mine, placing my hand in my jacket pocket to make sure my knufe is safe and sound.

"A single egg?" Someone asked confused.

I took my egg and soda and stared at it for a while. Aakesh walked up to me, his food in his hand.

I looked at him about to question but he simply shook his head and shrugged.

We walked to his bed and sat down in silence. No one knew what to say...

As i was munching away, a man, number 271 started screaming about how he didn't get food.

A lady shakily pointed to number 101 and said nervously, "I saw him and his group take seconds"

271 sprinted towards 101 with a deadly glare, get kept on screaming but 101 smirked, finding it amusing.

I was about to go over there to pull 271 but Aakesh grabbed me and shook his head.

A gasp escaped my lips when 101 lunged at the man, beginning to beat him up with zero mercy.

"How's a skinny man like you so greedy for food huh?" He laughed.

No one moved a muscle to try and help the poor man.

The door opened and in walked more guards. I wasn't too hopeful when i saw the coffin in their hands.

Player 456 shouted at them, yelling how 101 broke the rules by killing someone and as usual, he got no response.

Instead, the number of players reduced to 107 and the money went up once again.

Everyone stood there in shock.

"Does it mean we're allowed to kill in here too? ......that's fucked up..." I heard a mumble beside me.

101 simply scoffed and walked away with his crew, glaring at the lady who exposed him.

Oh no.......

"We're gonna have to be careful now. Stay away from 101 and his crew... I have a bad feeling...." Aakesh warned me seriously.

Just as he finished speaking, a girl bumped into him. Before she could hit the ground, he managed to grab her, a surprised expression plastered on his face.

The girl pushed him off her....

She looked pissed.

She simply walked off without even soaring a second glance towards us. Aakesh scoffed and rolled his eyes.

A lot of us were worried, a few were pissed and some just didn't care.....

Player 456 walked up to us slowly, causing me to raise an eyebrow.

"Hey, you two. We're forming our own little group" he motionless towards a bunch of players huddled up together.

"Something bad might happen tonight and we wanted-"

Aakesh suddenly cut him off rudely. "Look, we can take care of ourselves alright. We don't need you. Get lost old man."

I smacked the back of his head and bowed at the older man in an attempt to apologize to him.

"Don't worry sir. If we need you we'll come for sure." I smiled politely....

Well....

At least attempted to....

He smiled at me and continued "We're all meeting by my bed tonight. Come if you need help okay?

As for you..." He glared at the older boy beside me.

"I have no idea how a nice girl ended up with you"

Aakesh looked like he was ready to commit homicide in that particular moment but luckily, he just settled for rolling his eyes and muttering a line of curses.

Number 456 walked away and my smile turned upside down as i turned to my partner.

"The hell is wrong with you?! He was just offering us help. You of all people should know that we're gonna need it tonight"

"......... I'm off to nap...."

He turned around and walked away, leaving me dumbfounded.

"What's his problem?"