Chapter Fourteen

A/n: Lengthy chapter today😩 was listening to "Monster-EXO" while writing this.

Where my fellow kpop stans at?🤧🤧

Anyways, since today is Christmas, i will Christmas evel until my parents tell me to turn it down💀💯

Aakesh walked behind be towards a staircase of some sort.

We had 30 minutes to play and decide a winner or else, both of us....

Die...

"Your time begins now"

I felt ready to throw up whatever food i had eaten, even though it wasn't much.

"W-what do we... Do now?" I asked in a low tone.

"What do you mean? We play of course.

They already stated the rules, now all we have to do is follow them" he stated with a shrug.

My mouth fell open....

He looked so un bothered... Like it hasn't hurt him that one of us wouldn't walk out of here alive.

"You do know that one of us is going to die in here right? Don't you care?!" I practically yelled at him.

He looked at her guard and back at me, rolling his eyes while shaking his head.

"So what? If one of us dies, it means we weren't meant to grow out of here alive. Its plain and simple."

Behind me, the large timer read 24 minutes.

He sat on one of the steps and patted beside him, urging me to sit beside him.

"Lets talk. When we have only 10 minutes left, we play.

Deal?" He smiled.

I nodded silently at sat beside him, feeling uncomfortable and sad...

Silence took over the air, no one knew what to say.... Or maybe  I didn't know what to say.

"I lied" Aakesh said beside me, causing me to turn my head in confusion, curious as to what on earth he was falling about.

"About.... What?"

"My life....."

"Huh-" I started but he cut me off before i could question what he lied about.

"Its true my family came here for a better life.... But... My mother didn't die.... She and my dad always used to fight...

Everyday... Basically, they had a one night stand and my mum turned out pregnant with me. My parents were forced to marry each other cos of it.

I was the unwanted child.."

"....so... What happened?" I asked lowly, a slight sense of eagerness filling me.

"She accused him of cheating on her while he had a family... I was only 6 at the time, my sister was 2.

From my room, i heard a glass break and the doors slamming opening with screaming.

I only covered myself with my blanket and listened... I mean... What could a 6 year old do?

The front door slammed opened and I heard footsteps running out."

"Wait-" i started but he ignored me and continued.

"The next morning, i walked to the living room and found my father on the ground.... He was dead. A broken glass was in his neck and his blood had soaked the carpets.