Chapter Eleven

"We're not playing in here then?" Gi-hun questioned no one in particular.

We walked through some huge yellow doors and sweet 2 platforms high up in front of us.

A bunch of guards were obviously here too. "You'll be playing tug of war" The guard with the square said.

"To play this game, you must pull on the ropes, in an attempt to drop your opponents below."

I gulped realizing that if we fall off, we're dead meat.... Literally. From that height, we'd die instantly.

We were ordered to sit down as the guards used balls to determine which groups went first.

"Team one and team seven" i felt sorry for the people who had to go against player 101 and his group.

Honestly, if i was in their position, I'd be afraid too.

Both teams walked towards their 'elevator' and arrived at the top of the platforms.

"Oh God..." I muttered....

.................

I couldn't say i was surprised with the outcome, 101 and his team coming out victorious, smirking at all of us as they walked right passed us.

"I will now draw for the second round."

I felt nauseous seeing the results. Team 4 and Team 5......

Us...

We all walked silently to our elevator, hoping to come out victorious.

As we all stood and waiting to reach the top, someone spoke up.

"We need to have a plan"

The old man began rambling on about how he used to play this game in the old days. What grabbed my full attention was he said he never lost.

"So what? We're the weakest team here, we've got 4 girls, 4 men, one old man and one stick of a boy"

Aakesh raised his eyebrows hearing the last part.

"Excuse me? If I'm correct I'm pretty sure I'm way stronger than you. Plus, since the beginning-"

I quickly covered his mouth since it was obvious he was going to say something very offensive without any remorse whatsoever.

"Ah yes... We never lost... I have an idea" The old man smiled at all of us.

"First off, having a good leader is very important. The person is at the front and keeps an eye on how the other team is performing.

The rest of the team focuses on the back of the leader's head.

If the leader is weak or looks like their spirit is faltering, you loose.

You'll need to have someone strong and dependable, at the back of the line.

Both of your feet should be facing straight foward, and then, hold the ropes in your armpits.

Once the game begins, for the first ten seconds, you'll have to hold your ground...."

His words played in my head as i was handcuffed to the rope, Aakesh in front of me and Sae-byeok behind me.

"Push your lower abdomen up to the sky, as hard as you can. To the point where you can almost see the groin of the person behind you."

Once the game began, we began to do exactly as he said.

As I pulled, I could feel the ropes burning my palm, causing me to grunt in pain.

We made sure to hold our ground for as long as we could.

Gi-hun suddenly ordered for us to pull and we didn't waste a second. We pulled with all our might, grunting as we went.

The opposite team began to slip, their leader beginning to panic. I felt happiness flood my system once they slipped but unfortunately it didn't last long since their leader regained his senses and ordered for his team to pull.

Most of is shrieked when it was our turn to slip closer to the edge. As we were trying our best, Sangwoo sudden yelled,

"I have an idea! Its risky but have to try! On my count, take three steps forward."

Number 212 yelled in protest, "Are you crazy?!? That's the edge!!"

"Yeah well right now i don't think we have a choice!" I grunted out.

"On my count....

1....

2....

3...."

We all took three steps forward, just like Sangwoo said. Gi-hun started to fall over the edge and we immediately started pulling back once our opponents were stunned.

The opposing team began to fall off the edge and I felt... Happy....

I stopped smiling once i felt myself begin to slip... Not jist nyself but everyone in our team...

We were falling with the opponents...

"Why hasnt the rope been cut yet?!" I shrieked.

Just then, the rope was vut in half, causing us to fall on the ground, tired, sweaty and panting.

My body leaned back on someone...

That person being Sae-byeok who was in a similar state as me.

We did it.....

We.... Killed them....

................

We all stood in the elevator back down, most of us having our heads down low.

I really helped kill them.....

A man beside me was praying to God. I looked at him silently until 240 spoke up.

She talked about how ridiculous it was for him to pray since he literally just killed people. He ignored her and continued.

She tsked and rolled her eyes at him.

Being around her will be.... Interesting...

A/n: Ngl why tf did they have to make the christian dude the most annoying character?