Chapter Six

Y/n POV:

We stood on the pavement, waiting for the van to arrive...

It was silent between both of us, luckily it wasn't the awkward type. It was peaceful.... Completely contrast to what was to happen once we arrived..

The engine of a car was heard in the distance, the van appearing in sight a few seconds later.

The door opened once it stopped in front of us, the masked person in the drivers seat.

Aakesh and I looked at each other, before he motioned his hand for me to enter first.

When we sat down, we nodded at each other, the gas filling the atmosphere after some time.

I leaned my head against the window, closing my eyes as Aakesh leaned against me, unconscious.

Or at least thats what we wanted everyone else to think......

...............

I 'woke up' dressed in the green and white clothes i had grown to detest.

I was back here, and there was no going back now. Spotting a familiar blue haired person walking towards me, a small smirk found it way to my face.

He walked towards me, giving me a high five....

Well, it seemed that way to everyone else watching our interaction when in reality, he slipped something into my pocket.

Flash back

Still Y/n POV:

"Lets do something...." Aakesh said dryly.

............

As we felt the sleeping gas fill the car, i held my breath for as long as i could, until the gas subsided.

I couldn't risk falling asleep again. When the gas was gone, i tried to breathe steadily and quiet enough to make sure i don't alert the driver.

I felt a small tap on my thigh, Aakesh making sure i was still awake. I tapped him in response and he gave me a thumbs up.

We succeeded.

..........

After about an hour, i felt that van stop. The same feminine voice from before spoke through the speaker and the drivers got out and walked towards our side of the van.

The guard opened the door and i felt a bit of sweat trickling down my forehead. If he found out about Aakesh and I being awake, we're dead... Literally.

He leaned towards me and put some sort of scanner near my neck. I managed to even out my breathing to make it seem like i was asleep.

How i prayed that he couldn't hear my heart beat.

I thanked the heavens once he moved on to another person, completely oblivious to the fact that i was awake.

They later on moved us onto some sort of table and began stripping us.

As one of the guards sat me up to remove my shirt, i caught a glimpse of Aakesh slipping something into the pocket of the guards changing him.

I saw him remove it stealthily and when he caught my gaze, he winked at me and shut his eyes and his body fell limp.

That leads us to now

..............

"That was one hell of a stunt you pulled back there" i giggled.

"You can't blame me though. Who knows if we'd have to protect ourselves in this place." He replied, looking up at the large screen in front of us.

"Our number reduced?"

It didn't surprise me though. Not many people would want to come back here after what happened in the first game.

The elder boy nudged me with his elbow and pointed to a curly haired lady.

"Isn't that the lady who said she hadnt named her child? You think she has now?" He questioned.

I stared at her blankly. She seemed to notice me staring at her since she looked back at me and glared nastily.

"Bitch..." I muttered to myself, a snicker being heard next to me as i glared at the culprit.

The pink suited guards reappeared, drawing everyone's attention.

"Welcome back" the leader started. I zoned out halfway through his long speech.

I didn't even realize the guards walking away until Aakesh tapped me.

"You good? You spaced out."

I simply nodded my head and walked towards my bed.....

I wonder what the next game is....

...............

It was lights out...

I tried to sleep but that curly haired woman that glared at me kept on making a fuss about having to pee.

"YOU WANT ME TO MAKE A PUDDLE HERE HUH?!" She screamed.

"Ugh, would you just shut the hell up already..." I groaned, my green jacket falling off my face.

When the guards had had enough and finally decided to open the door, a girl with the number 067 came foward, stating she also had to pee.

The curly haired woman, player 212 started making a fuss about how she had to yell to use the bathroom but 67 could just pass through.

Since my precious sleep was ruined, I just stared at her bottom of the bed on top of mine.

My hand went into my pocket, feeling for the small knife Aakesh had given me.

I have no idea how he came up with such a plan, but who knows?

We might actually need it.

I yawned and shut my eyes, trying to finally get some peaceful and well deserved sleep... Trying to forget the fact that i could literally die tomorrow.