Chapter Twelve

Our group sat together, munching on the little food they gave us for our lunch.

"I felt so powerful when I leaned back-" 212 ranted on annoyingly, causing me to roll my eyes at her.

"Oh my God woman!! Just please do us a favor and shut up!" Aakesh groaned beside me, rubbing his head in annoyance.

The woman continued her talk, as if Aakesh didn't just voice out the thoughts of everyone sitting here.

He got up and stood in front of her, doing a finger gun at her head. "You know, if we ever get out of here I'm gonna buy a gun to shoot you." He said to her.

"Not if you get shot first. With your little tricks and games I'm sure you'd end up dying before me" she said to him with a glare.

Pushing his hand away from her head, she turned her attention back to the old man.

"You got it from a movie right?" She asked the old man energetically.

"When i was young I-" the poor man didn't even get to finish his sentence when he was cut off by her.....

Again....

"What's that movie??" She began waving her hands about, leaving me confused.

"The one that goes like this-"

"The Matrix!" Ali suddenly blurted out. Everyone turned their head to him, surprised.

"Ya, is all you did watch movies in Korea instead of working??" 212 asked rudely.

I felt myself being pulled away by someone, that someone being Sae byeok.

When we were a safe distance away from the crazy lady, she spoke lowly.

"I don't trust that woman"

I nodded my head in agreement, glancing back at number 212.

"Look, you're the only person who seems trustworthy at this point.... How about we work together to get out of this place...." She stuck her hand out and instead, i grabbed her and pulled her in for a hug.

She immediately pulled away and stared at me, the corner of her lips pulling upward in a small smile.

She rolled her eyes at me and walked away.

The sudden urge to ask her if she had any idea about this place crosses my mind, and I ended up grabbing her jacket sleeve.

She turned back to look at me, a confused look on her face.

I opened my mouth ready to question her but i shut it slowly, rethinking my choice. I shook my head at her and smiled nervously.

"Its.... Nothing" i said simply.

She looked unconvinced but judging by the look on her face, she decided not to question me anymore.

I laughed and walked back towards our group.

"Lights out is in 30 minutes. All players, please prepare for bed."

"We should be careful. I'm pretty sure another fight is gonna break out"

"We're the weakest team here-" the man who kept praying was cut off by a clearly annoyed Aakesh.

"This bullshit again?!? For fuck's sake would you shitheads quit with the whole weakest team crap?

So what huh?!?"

"We should attack other teams before they attack us." The man continued, ignoring the teenage boy sitting behind him.

"The Lord's servants are the most brutal huh?!" 240 laughed sarcastically, looking at me, causing me to tilt my head in confusion.

I stood up from the uncomfortable stairs i sat on and walked towards the main gate/door.

I knocked on it and after a few minutes, the makes face of some guards was in front of me.

"Bathroom." I stated.

If i wanted to find out something, this is my one and only chance.

"I'll take her" one of the guards stated.

He grabbed my arm forcefully, dragging me towards the bathroom.

The guard opened the door for me and i sarcastically said, "Wow, what a gentleman."

As I walked in, the door closed behind me but i nearly screamed when the guard walked in with me.

He quickly rushed to cover my mouth. I struggled as he held me by the waist, his hand still on my mouth.

"Wait wait! Don't scream. Promise!" He said sternly. I slowly nodded my head and turned around, finally being free from his grip.

The guard began taking off his mask and i instinctively placed my hand in my pocket, trying to feel for my knife but cursing once i remembered it was gone.

"What? Are you gonna ra-"

"What?!? No!!" He said quickly.

Once his mask was fully off, i gulped looking at him.

No matter how hard i wanted to deny it, I couldn't....

He was attractive.

"What's a pretty man like you doing here? In a bathroom... Alone with a 16  year old?" I asked him as i backed up slowly.

"It's me. From the honeycomb game..."

I looked back at him blankly. "You know, there were a lot of guards during that game...."

"Number 29... I know you heard that other guard mention my number."

I stared at him silently, nodding my head for him to continue.

"I'm part of the police force. More specifically, I'm undercover here."

"Why are you telling me this anyway?" I asked.

"Because, i heard what you said when you were leaving the hall. I've been watching you since."

"Creepy much?" I looked at him weirdly.

"The thing is, i want to work with you. I want to shut this place down as soon as possible and you want to walk out of here alive.

We don't have much time before the others get suspicious. You're a nice girl. I can tell.... Let's get out of here alive.

Partners?" He stuck his hand out, the same way Sae Byeok did earlier today.

Of all people here, why me? How can I help him? In any case he's the one who can help me.

"Don't you think we should know each other's names then?" I smiled a little.

"I'm Y/n."

"Jun Ho" he said quickly putting on his mask.

He walked towards one of the stalls and flushed it, leaving me confused.

Junho caught my confused gaze and said, "We have to make it like you actually used here." I nodded my head.

As we walked out, he grabbed my arm tightly again, and I glared at him in response.

"I don't know what the next game is.... I tried to find out but i didn't get anything. Just so you know, i can sometimes be a square.

I'll pinch you when its me" he whispered, getting closer to the large doors.

"I still don't get why you're helping me" i whispered back. He pinched my arm as the doors opened pushing me back inside.

At this point the lights were already out and i walked quickly to my team, grumbling on the way.

If I tell anyone this i just know that I'd be the next one in the coffin....