Chapter Seventeen

A/n: I know i know, i was supposed to update long ago.... Please dont kill me. Waking up at 4 and closing at 5pm everyday aint easy bruh💀

There's a little surprise getting close to the end tho😇

Although i didnt proof read it first💀

Y/n POV:

We were made to walk into a room , questioning glances looking all over the place, mine being one of them.

In front of us were multiple glass tiles of some sort. I grabbed Sae byeok's hand in nervousness causing her to squeeze mine back in reassurance.

"Do you have any idea what the game is about??" Sae byeok whispered to me.

Thinking back to the walls of the dorm like place, i remember sketches of people jumping??

Jumping.....

"That's it!" I said out loud... A little too loud which led to the unwanted stares of all the other players.

Grabbing Sae byeok's shoulders, i pulled her close to me and whispered, "If im not mistaken, they want us to jump on this thing.

Knowing the game masters, they'd probably try to kill us somehow.... Its just a theory"

She pulled away wide eyed and stared at me, not even blinking. She snapped out of her trance on her own and began glaring at the guards around us.

"Welcome players to the fifth game. You will be playing in the order of vets in which you have selected."

I looked at my vest in horror, Gi-hun looking even more terrified than me since he was the last one.

"This is the game of glass stepping stone. Before you, the stepping stones are made out of 2 types of glass.... One is tempered glass and the other is normal glass.

The tempered glass is strong enough to hold 2 people but on the other hand, the normal glass will break the moment a player steps on it. In this game, you are to guess which glass is tempered in order to cross the 18 pairs of tiles to make it to the other side safely."

"Oh fuck.... This is the end isn't it??" I questioned myself.

I was so lost in my thoughts that i didn't even realize everyone was taking off their shoes..

That is, until Sangwoo decided to bump shoulders with me while passing by.

I glared at him in response and proceeded to take off my shoes, a feeling of dread and fear settling in my gut.

.............

One word...

Chaos...

That's the word I'd use to describe what was going on before me.

Multiple players had fallen to their death, their brains splattering all over the floor as some circled guards began to clean without a care in the world.

I currently stood in front of Sae byeok, shaking with anxiety and fear.

It hasn't gotten to our turn to move on the glass but i already felt my time was near.

A man ran really fast across the tiles, anticipation being felt by everyone as he randomly selected a tile to step on without falling......

I felt deep down that he wouldn't make it alive...

And how much i hated that I was proven correct. He accidentally picked a wrong tile to step on close to the end which eventually gave him a flash pass to the after life.