Chapter Sixteen

A/n: sorry for not updating. Final year in my school is a bitch😭

Y/n POV:

Do I keep it to myself??

Or do I tell my group mates??

So far the only people I could trust were Sae byeok and Gi-hun but t he thing is....

Gi-hun trusts Sangwoo with his life... I don't...

For all I know he could be plotting to kill any of us without our knowledge..

When i nearedmy group, number 69 was crying. "Please... Lets stop this.." He begged. Looking at a silent Sae byeok for an answer, all she mumbled was "He played against his wife"

I felt sorry for him.

He made direct eye contact with me and reached out to grab my arm. "You!! You killed your boyfriend. Don't you care?!?" He practically screamed in my face.

Sae byeok pulled me out of his grasp and held me protectively with a strong and deathly glare.

Realising that no one was going to go along with him, he cried out once again, "Can you even call yourself humans??! Just for money, you're willing to go along with this insanity??"

He had a point... I'd admit that... But listening to him was pointless. I pushed my way out of Sae byeok's grip and stomped my way towards number 69.

"So what if we ended it now huh?" I asked glaring.

"Would it bring your dead wife back?? Do you think she'd forgive you for letting her get murdered?" Sangwoo questioned also walking towards the man.

"What's the point of being alive if we give up now? All our dead loved ones won't come back now will they? Fucking Answer me!!" I snapped grabbing his shirt and pulling him down to my height.

"No right?" I laughed sarcastically.

When I realized he could come up with no response, I walked away towards my remaining group members and sat on the steps, resting my head in my hands.

Gi-hun... No... Everyone stared at me shocked.

It was the first time I had snapped at someone in front of them...

Gihun sat next to me with a frown on his face. Just as he opened his mouth to speak, i cut him off but putting up my index finger and putting it to my lips, indicating him to be silent.

"I've had enough drama for one day" i said to myself, taking a long look at the bracelet I took from my bestfriend's body.

"Watch over me... Please...."

.............

"Player 69, eliminated"

I stood in front of the dead body of number 69. As expected he couldn't take it....

"That was a stupid move" I heard Sae byeok say beside me.

"He just made his wife's death worthless.... Fucking idiot." I replied.

"When did you start cussing so much??" Sae Byeok asked, looking at me in slight amusement. "Why? Am i not allowed to?" I smirked at her.

"Nah.... I like this side of you. Kinda hot" she said walking away, a ghost of a smirk on her face.

I ended up following her with a smile, grabbing her arm when i stood beside her.

A/n: not me planning to add some 67 x Y/n scenes...👁👅👁

It was only a matter of time till the next game began... A feeling of dread washing over me seeing the familiar colors of the staircase leading us to our doom.

Gi-hun walked in front of me, Sae byeok right behind me...

We walked into another white room, causing me to feel a mix of fear, sadness and determination.

A line of mannequins with vests were in front of us, each having a number from 1 up to 16.

"What's this for??" I questioned to no one in particular, the familiar voice ringing not even a second later.

"Welcome players to the fifth game. Before we begin the next game, please select a vest with a number from one to 16 from the mannequins before you"

No one moved. I doubt anyone even breathed.

Just then, the Christian dude walked up muttering to himself, "On the sixth day, God created mankind".

Looking at him with a weird expression on my face, i mumbled "Is that supposed to be his lucky number??"

My senses screamed at me to avoid the vest with the number 1 on it. Being first in whatever game this is would be plain ridiculous and stupid.

One by one, players began picking vests from the mannequins, all having a strategy to avoid the first feeling numbers and the last, just sticking to the middle.

The voice rang out from the speakers again, "all players, the vests correspond with the order in which you shall play the next game."  Hearing this, i immediately rushed towards the remaining vests, closer to the end.

Sae byeok slowly picked the vest next to mine, the number being 15. I saw Sangwoo walking closer to the number 14 and i picked it right away to spite him.

He scowled at me and i smirked slightly in victory as he had no ther choice but to pick 13.

It was then that i realized that Gi-hun hadnt picked a vest yet. There were only two vests remaining at this point, number 1 and 16...

The first and last...

The two most dangerous positions to be in the squid games...

Gi-hun shakily walked towards the first vest, but before he could grab it, another player nervously walked towards him and stopped him, giving some sort of speech of how he wanted to be on top for once in his life...

To be the first.

Gi-hun being the softy he was agreed and grabbed the 16th vest as the player from before grabbed the first vest with a shaky smile on his face, feeling content with himself.

The doors then opened, "Welcome players, to the fifth game."

I gulped nervously......

I hope i survive today...