Chapter Nine

"All players, lights out is in 3 minutes. Please prepare for bed."

I glared at the timer in front of me, feeling uneasy since it was obvious someone was going to die tonight.

Glancing at Aakesh on his bed, he caught my gaze and nodded his head, looking away almost instantly afterwards.

3

2

1

The place went dark.....

I waited patiently for something to happen, bringing out my pocketknife in anticipation.

Thats when it all went down.....

A woman suddenly screamed in fear and pain, and I knew it was time to move....

Screams and groans along with thuds rang in my ears and I ran towards Aakesh, who was out of his bed. He grabbed my wrist and started running.

As we ran, a bed fell down in front of us, causing the boy in front of me to grab me to jump over it.

A body suddenly collided with mine, separating me from my partner. The person held a metal rod and lunged at me.

In a panic, i shut my eyes and placed the knife in front of me, a groan from the man following immediately.

I opened my eyes to see blood running down my hand, onto the floor... All from the other player's body.

He fell limp and that's when i made a run for it. I heard a familiar voice yell my name and with no hesitation, i ran towards it.

As i ran, a woman grabbed my arm, bloody and crying. She begged me to help her but i knew......

If i help someone else....

I die.... That definitely was not on my bucket list for today.

She sobbed even harder when i mouthed "im sorry" and ran off, a scream coming from her mouth the moment i turned away to move.

Players' bodies littered the floor, it was a massacre....

Yet the guards did nothing about it. What made it even worse was the lights began to flicker, making movement harder than it already is.

An arm grabbed my waist and i panicked, causing me to scream. I thrashed around in the person's arms, using my elbow as a weapon and hitting the person's nose.

The culprit groaned and i recognized that voice.

Relief flooded my entire body, realizing it was the person i was looking for.

Luckily, i didn't stab him in my panic.

He suddenly dropped me on the floor 'gracefully' and i looked around as he grabbed his now bruising nose.

"Did i hit him that hard?"

We were beside a bed and saw the faces of other players.

Number 456, 218 (A/n: fucking snake) and 199.

"Hey girl! Are you okay? Are you bleeding anywhere?" Number 456 frantically asked grabbing my arm trying to search for any wound.

Apart from a few bruises and scratches on me, i was fine. I gasped when i took a look at Aakesh though.

He had blood splattered on his face and arms, not to mention his nose that he had grabbed with a slightly painted expression.

How i hoped it wasn't his own. He looked around cautiously when another player ran towards us...

Number 067.

She looked slightly nervous and i mentally applauded her for managing to survive alone.

"You came!" 456 said.

"You told me to" 067 replied shortly, looking around.

I nearly screamed when I saw 101 sprint towards 067, who was directly beside me.

Before he could grab her, Aakesh grabbed his hand and stared him down. "Mind your fucking business kid!"

"She's part of our group now" 456 said.

I breathed a sigh of relief when he glared at all of us and walked away. My attention snapped towards 456 who yelled, "Wait, where's the old man?!"

My mind went to number 001, realizing that he's actually not here with us.

I looked around frantically and choked on air once i saw where he was....

He was standing on top of the beds, screaming of how scared he was.

I heard Aakesh beside me, "What the hell? How the hell does an old man his age manage to get all the way up there?" Slight concern was heard in his voice, but not too much for anyone to actually notice.

Just after he spoke, the doors opened and the guards walked in, carrying multiple black and empty coffins.

The guards with guns immediately rushed towards all of us, doing a body search.

I gulped realizing that i probably had my knife on me.... Im so dead if they find it....

The guards patted me down and moved on to the next player after some silence.

I widened my eyes, realizing they didn't find it... Is it still with me anyways?

I felt around my pockets, feeling nothing at all. I glanced at Aakesh confused and he simply smirked at me as the also patted him down.

He motioned towards 101, who had 3 knives fall from his pockets.

I choked on air when i saw this.

When on earth did this boy get the time to hide the knives in that musty asshole's pocket?

He nodded towards me and winked. There is a lot i don't know about him huh?

A/n: havent checked for typos💀