prolouge

"This is it." Taeyong says as he walks onto the school's campus, looking around at everything in aw. He takes a step forward but gets pulled back by a small hand making him smile.

"Can you walk some more Sungchan?" The toddler looks up at his brother before nodding with a hum as he grips Taeyong's finger tightly.

"Sungchan I can't move easily with you gripping my finger like that." Taeyong says as he continues to crouch as the little boy refuses to let go of his finger. He laughs before picking the boy up and continues his walks to the Chairwoman's office.

"This should be it." Taeyong says as he looks up from the map.

"You must be Taeyong." The said male jumps as he turns around to see a blonde man in a suit standing next to him.

"My apologies, I didn't mean to startle you. I'm Baekhyun, Kim Boah's- or the Chairwoman's butler, nice to meet you." He says with a bow and Taeyong immediately protests.

"No need to bow, this is Sungchan." Taeyong introduces and the boy lifts his head up from his brothers shoulder and nods softly at the man infront of him before laying his head back down making him tsk.

"I'm sorry, he must be tired from the ride here." Taeyong apologies and Baekhyun hums before leading them inside.

Taeyongs gulps as Baekhyun stops in his tracks and opens the door, Taeyong following soon after.

"Nice to meet you Ms. Kim. I'm so thankful for you taking us in-"

"Cut the sweet talk, let's get one thing straight." She says sternly, catching Taeyong off guard.

"I did not take you in to be my new sons, you will work your ass off to show that you belong in this school and that taking you in was not a mistake." She says and Taeyong gulps before nodding. Sungchan looks up from his brother's shoulder and points at the chairwoman.

"Scary pretty lady." He says and Taeyong panics as he puts Sungchan's arm down while Ms. Kim raised her brow and Baekhyun had closed his eyes, holding back his laughter.

"I'm sorry, he doesn't know better-"

"It's fine. Also, the time you spend outside of class including your lunch and breaktime will be spent in the babysitters club." She says.

"B-babysitters club?" Taeyong asks and Ms. Kim nods.

"Welcome, you're the new president." She says.

"They made this club for the teachers that have kids and can't afford to or don't have time to watch they're kids during school hours." Baekhyun says as he leads the brother's to the club room.

"Though, we didn't realize how many students weren't up to the idea of watching kids." He chuckles.

"Baekhyun?"

"Yes?"

"Do you know what Mrs. Kim meant when she said new sons?" He asked and Baekhyun stopped for a moment.

"She, she lost her husband and daughter on that same flight your parents were on, maybe it was sentiment. I'm not sure." He says truthfully and Taeyong gasps softly before nodding.

"She lost her whole family... I was luckily enough to have Sungchan still with me." He thinks as he looks down at the toddler in his arms.

"I can't imagine the pain she feels..."

Taeyong's thoughts were soon interrupted as Baekhyun leads him into a room with a colorful door. As he opens it he sees a man asleep on the floor with a baby ontop of him and four toddlers running around who immediately stop and stare at the unfamiliar faces.