Chapter 13

i'm feeling jolly so double update :pp merry christmas / happy holidays everyone !

~A few days later~

Doyoung isn't the only one that's had Taeyong on his mind.

Obviously.

Jaehyun isn't stupid. He's noticed the way Taeyong had been distancing himself from him. Whether it was walking home with Doyoung when Jaehyun had practice or barely talking to him in or outside of class.

Jaehyun doesn't like it at all.

He hates it.

Every time. Every time he asks Taeyong if he wants to hang out he's always busy or already has plans. With who? You fucking guessed it.

"I thought things were going good..." Jaehyun thinks to himself with a sigh as he makes his way home from practice.

"What am I doing wrong?" Jaehyun mumbles to himself as he walks into his house.

"Hey mom." Jaehyun greets as he gives his mom a wave who was busy working on dinner.

"Hey Jae! Dinner's almost ready."

"I'm not hungry." Jaehyun says making her frown. He's been acting weird these past few weeks. He would usually come in with a big goofy smile on his face and start blabbering on about Taeyong his new found crush but recently he's been silent. And just walks upstairs and locks himself in his room.

"Hey, come here." She says and Jaehyun sighs softly before turning around.

"Sit." She says with stern voice as she points at an open seat at the island. Jaehyun groans before walking over and sitting down.

"What's going on? You've been acting strange lately." She asks and Jaehyun shrugs.

"What happened to Taeyong?" She asks and that's when Jaehyun couldn't handle it anymore. He feels the tears start pooling in his eyes as he tries his best to suppress them.

"I don't know." He finally says as the tears begin to stream down his face making Nayeon frown as she drops he cooking utensils and walks around the island to talk to her son.

"I-I thought he l-liked me too, but I just d-don't know." Jaehyun sniffles. He felt like his heart was slowly breaking into pieces. Nayeon coos before petting her sons head softly as he wraps his arms around her.

"Then you have to ask him. The answer may hurt, or it might make you happy. But anything is better than just being left alone in the dark." She says and he nods as he lays his head on her chest.

"Awww even when you're all big and falling in love you're still my baby." She laughs as she kisses the top of his head and he playfully tries to push her away.

This was it. He was finally going to talk to Taeyong.

He marched into the classroom, and walked straight to Taeyong's desk, who was luckily already sitting there.

"Taeyong." Jaehyun calls and the older looks up at him with a warm smile, making butterflies erupt in his stomach. The smallest thing Taeyong did had the biggest effect on him. He wondered how it was possible to be so in love with someone that probably didn't feel the same for you.

"W-we need to talk." Jaehyun says, mad at himself for stuttering but doesn't pay to much attention to it. Taeyong looks at his desk before nodding.

"Let's meet at the daycare after school?" Taeyong asks and Jaehyun is shocked that the older had obliged so easily and only nods with a small gulp before sitting down in his seat.