Chapter 5

"Sungchan, I know you do not have your nasty feet on my face." Taeyong says as he opens his eyes only to be met with the sight of small toes. They've woken up in some weird positions, but none as weird as this.

"Come on we have to get ready for school." He says, suddenly remembering today was the first day of dance club making him even more excited as he gets himself ready before getting Sungchan ready and going to the dining room to eat breakfast.

"My my Taeyong, you look happier than usual." Baekhyun says as he places their breakfast in front of the boys.

"Did something happen?"

"Today's the first day of dance practice!" He says with a wide smile as he shoves his face with food.

"Make sure you don't over work yourself." The chairwoman says as she walks by the dining room and Taeyong nods.

The two finish eating and Taeyong rushes outside to begin his walk to school. The two continue to walk for a little bit before Taeyong sees someone he recognizes walking out of the convince store.

"Doyoung!" He calls and grabs Sungchan's hand as he walks over to the male.

"Oh, hey Taeyong." He says with suprise.

"Can I join you on your way to school?" Taeyong asks and the younger almost gives him a small smile.

"Fine." He says and Taeyong smiles as they continue their way to school together.

"How are your classes?"

"The same, though I'm starting to stress a little over exams."

"What? You're literally the top of the class A, you'll do fine."

"That's the expectation." Doyoung says with a soft sigh as he rubs his nape making Taeyong frown.

"You know, you don't always have to live up to everybody's expectations."

"What are you talking about? Of course I do! I'm the head student of our grade, I need to be at my best at all times." Doyoung says as he looks at the older like he's grown a third head making him sigh.

"Have you ever stopped and asked yourself, what you want to do?" The younger froze at that.

"What... I want to do?" Doyoung asks no one in particular as he stares into space.

He knows what he wants to do.

He's just too scared to admit it.

"Oh well it looks like we're already at the school, see you around Doyoung!" Taeyong says with a smile as he walks to the babysitter room as Doyoung still stood there, stunned.

"But dad I want to be a singer!"

"No! You're going to be a surgeon and that's final. I don't want to hear anymore of this idol crap." The old man says as he throws the the audition flyer on the floor in front of the boy making his lip quiver.

"B-but-"

"NO BUTS!" Doyoung immediately shuts his mouth and looks up to his mom who's just typing away aimlessly on her computer.

"Mom-"

"What your father said." The boy sighs as he runs to his room, tears threatening to fall from his eyes. He looks at all of the posters of his favorite singers on his walls and hot tears fall all from his eyes as he begins to tare all the posters off the wall and rip them up. He sits on the floor of his room with shredded remains of the posters all around him. He crumbles the last piece in his hand as he stares at the textbooks on his desk.