Chapter 14

tw // anxiety

"Taeyong we'll be leaving now. Take care of Sungchan for us." Mom says as she places Sungchan in my arms.

"B-but mom! How am I supposed to take care of him all by myself?" I ask and my parents think for a second.

"You're right! We're too selfish." Dad says as he scoops Sungchan out of my arms.

"We'll take him with us." Mom says as they start heading out to leave.

"It's gonna be your first time on a plane Sungchan!" Mom shouts making me start to panic.

"Wait!" I shout as they walk through the front door but I was stopped an invisible force pushing me back.

"Mom! Dad! Wait! Don't go!" I shout as I bang on the invisible wall.

"AT LEAST LEAVE SUNGCHAN!" I shout as the door begins to close and the last thing I see is Sungchan's face peeking through the crack before it closes shut.

Taeyong springs awake with a gasp as he starts hyperventilating and shaking violently startlingly Jaehyun awake.

"Babe? Taeyong! What happened?!" Jaehyun panics as Taeyong starts punching his chest to try and get air as he starts to sob.

"Where is he?!" Taeyong shouts as he continues to shake and sob as Jaehyun grabs him.

"Where's who?!"

"Sungchan!" He shouts as he starts moving around frantically to try and free himself from Jaehyun's hold.

"Babe! It was just a nightmare! You're okay!" Jaehyun shouts as he pulls Taeyong into his hold. Keeping him still.

"It's okay, you're safe. Sungchan is safe." Jaehyun says as he pets Taeyong's hair making his sobs die down as he still continues to shake softly.

The older calms down after a while as he sits in Jaehyun's hold who continues to rub his back softly.

"Feel better now?" Jaehyun asks and Taeyong nods softly as he presses his face into the younger's neck.

"Okay, let's go back to sleep." Jaehyun says as he tries to suppress his yawn as they both lay back down.

"Yongie?" They both look over to see Sungchan at the door holding his deer plushie. They didn't even notice the door opening.

"You okay?" He asks as he starts taking small steps towards the bed.

"Yes baby, I'm okay." Taeyong says in between sniffles and Sungchan nods.

"Me sleep with you and Jae?" He asks and Taeyong looks at Jaehyun and the younger nods softly.

"Of course Chan, come here." Taeyong says and Jaehyun lifts the blanket. The toddler waists no time in running to the bed and trying his best to hop on.

Jaehyun giggles before picking up the little boy and placing him in between them. Sungchan immediately clings to his brother who holds him softly as Jaehyun wraps his arm around the two.

"I okay Yongie." Sungchan says as he pats his brothers on the shoulder making Taeyong pout as he tries to keep his tears from falling. He kisses the little boy on the forehead and Jaehyun places a kiss on the older's lips as he pulls away. Giving each other a small smile.

"How about we read a story before we go back to bed hm?" Taeyong asks and the toddler nods excitedly as he sits up and Taeyong reaches for the bedside table and turns on the lamp before grabbing a random book as Jaehyun sits up as well.