Chapter 3

Perrie's POV:

The show goes exactly as planned. Leigh and I make sure to show our chemistry when we're on stage together and absolutely nail our individual sets.

I'm glad that it all went well since I hope to impress Jade in the audience. Can you imagine that the show was crap and then afterwards, I tried to seduce someone from the audience? Not great.

I excitedly make my way off the stage together with Leigh after our last song. "Yes, Pez. That was an amazing show. What a crowd." The brunette says in between her heavy breaths as we walk towards our dressing rooms.

"Yeah, this was a good one." I agree with my friend. Just then, I spot Ellie in the corridors and quickly make my way over to her. "Hey Ellie, have the people with backstage passes arrived already?"

"Yeah, they're waiting for you two in catering." I nod my head and turn to get there as fast as possible. "Let's meet some fans!" I say excitedly, but honestly, I only want to meet one fan.

We walk in together and everyone starts screaming when they see us and rush to hug us. I smile at all the fans but scan the room to find those light brown eyes.

I check the room at least three times until I realize that she isn't there. She didn't show up.

I try to keep my smile intact as I chat with the other fans. As much as I hate that she didn't show, I can't be a bitch to my other fans because of it. Without them, I wouldn't even be able to do this, so I have to be grateful. I am grateful, only a tad disappointed.

Once I've chatted to everyone for a little bit, I turn around and find Ellie in the corner of the room. "Do you have a list of everyone that received a backstage pass?"

Ellie rolls her eyes and holds her clipboard up. "Of course I have." I grab it out of her hand and make my way back to the fans. "Hey everyone, can you guys just put a cross next to your name? It's for safety reasons."

Leigh-Anne gives me a strange look but doesn't say anything as the fans start lining up to cross off their names. I have to know who the hell would not show up when they got a backstage pass to meet me. The nerve.

When they're all done, I grab the list back and there's only one name without a cross next to it.

Jade Thirlwall.

Jade's POV:

"Come on, I swear that I had a backstage pass! I must have lost it in the crowd or something, but I had it." The security guard gives me an unimpressed look. "Don't you guys have a list with names or something? I'm Jade Thirlwall. I'm on that list."

"Look, honey." I roll my eyes at his attempt to be condescending. "I don't care about your name. You don't have a pass, so you're not getting in."

I groan and turn back to Holly, who looks really sorry for me. "Let's just go home, babe." She says and grabs my hand so we can make our way out of the venue.

"It just sucks that I couldn't even get you an autograph on this shirt." I huff and throw the shirt in my bag. I promised Holly I would go backstage to get her a signed shirt and ask all the questions she wanted the answers to, but that stupid security guy had to come and ruin our night.

Of course, Holly was insanely jealous when I got the backstage pass and she didn't. But she soon realized this was the perfect opportunity for her to get to know some things. Besides, she was happy for me, even though she found me quite apathetic after receiving the pass.

"Hey, cheer up. The show was absolutely amazing and we had a great night even though it ended on a sour note." I smile at my friend and nod my head. "Yeah, you're right."