Chapter 9

Jade's POV:

When we are about halfway up the stairs, I realize what she said. "Wait? You want to sleep here again?" The blonde stops suddenly and turns around and yet again, we're so close. My hand is still in hers and now that she's standing one step higher, she looks pretty dominant.

"I want to get to know you completely. And to do, so I have to be with you as much as possible. Who would you say you know best in the whole world?" I'm so confused by everything she's saying, but I do know the answer to that question. "Holly."

"Exactly. You live with Holly, so you know her the best. You see her at every moment of the day and that creates a bond. I want to create a bond." It sounds like everything she's saying is a whole lot of bull, but I love cuddling up to her in bed, so I'm just going to let her stay.

Perrie sees my silence as approval and pulls me further up the stairs until we're at my apartment. The door is open and the blonde just barges in. Holly must hear the door because I hear her voice before I see her.

"Hey, Jade, how was your day with the bitch? Did she behave?" Just as she says that she rounds the corner and stops dead in her tracks. "Ow, hello there, Perrie."

"You know, for a fan, you really like cussing me out, don't you?" The blonde replies, causing me to chuckle and finally pull my hand from her grasp. "Jade kind of rubs off on me." The brunette answers, causing me to laugh louder.

Perrie turns my way and raises her eyebrows playfully. She's never playful, either full of shit or full of seduction. "Seems like you haven't been quite honest with me, darling. How do you want me to get to know you if you won't share my own pet names with me?"

I roll my eyes at her and step further into the apartment, leaving Holly and Perrie behind me. "You could've come up with something a little more creative than bitch, though." The blonde yells after me as I walk into the kitchen.

I put on the kettle to make some tea because, after a long day, that's all I need. It's already quite late and I have to work early tomorrow so I'll probably go to bed soon. I can hear soft murmuring from the two women standing in the hallway but don't bother to listen very closely.

I pour the hot water into my cup and take it to the couch. Those two idiots are still chatting in the hallway so I can decide what to watch. I choose to watch another episode of Game of Thrones as I sip the steaming tea.

After a few minutes, Holly and Perrie walk inside and the pop star plops down on the couch next to me. Her arm instantly goes around my shoulder and I kind of like the normality of it. Sitting on the couch watching a tv show doesn't seem the way Perrie lives her life, but she's doing it now.

I try not to show how much I love the physical contact and keep staring at the television throughout the episode, even though I don't really register what I'm watching. When the episode ends, I step up from the couch and grab my now empty cup. "I'm going to bed. I have the early shift tomorrow."

"Night, Jadey," Jesy says while the blonde stands up. "I'll come with you." I nod my head and walk to the kitchen to drop my empty cup in the sink. "How early is this early shift?" The blonde asks curiously.

"I start at six." Her gasp is audible and I turn to her amused. "I thought I would be sleeping in after tour, guess not." I raise my eyebrows slightly as we walk to my room.

"You don't have to get up when I do." I hear her close the door behind me and turn to face her. She looks kinder than I've ever seen her. "Of course I do. I'm walking you to work."

I don't quite understand the game this woman is playing, but I'm just going to let her do what she wants and make sure that I don't get emotionally attached. Spending a lot of time with one person can cloud your judgement, but I'm sure that I'll always remember what kind of person Perrie is.