Chapter 12

Jade's POV:

My head is pounding like it never has before. I swear I feel like I'm dying. I slowly open my eyes and the anxiety instantly consumes me when I realize that I have no idea where I am.

The room is completely unfamiliar and the bed beside me is empty. What the hell happened last night? I don't remember anything.

When I sit up, my panic increases even more. The sheets fall and I'm only in lingerie. Did I sleep with someone?

My clothes are neatly folded beside the bed, so I get out in an attempt to get dressed quickly. The moment I'm standing next to the bed in my underwear, the door opens. I hold my breath in fear of what kind of person is going to walk through the door.

"Perrie?"

ONE WEEK EARLIER

Perrie's POV:

"You heard her, Perrie, leave," Holly says in an ice-cold tone. Does she think this is my fault? "Jade, I didn't have anything to do with this."

The brunette stands up fast and looks deep into my eyes. I'm once again shocked by the unknown expression in them. "This has everything to do with you, Perrie. Don't you see that?"

I softly grab onto her arms, but she pushes me off. "I was just a normal girl, living a normal life and I was happy like that. Now being with you means that my life isn't normal anymore. It means that everything I do will get criticized and everything from my past will come up again. I don't want that, Perrie."

She walks away from me and towards her door. "It may have nothing to do with your behaviour, but it has everything to do with you." Jade opens the door and signals for me to leave.

"Is this the end for us? I'm not going to see you again?" Jade nods and doesn't seem too sad about it. "This is it, Perrie."

I slowly nod my head, not sure how to react. "Can I just get my stuff then?" I ask stupidly. The brunette nods, so I make my way to her room. It feels kind of surreal to be packing up without it being my decision.

I take my time to find all my belongings and place them in my suitcase. Jade doesn't come in to talk to me. It honestly feels like she doesn't want to talk to me anymore. I understand that she doesn't want to be in the spotlight, but why would she act this way towards me?

If I could have stopped the story, I would have, but I knew nothing about it. I still barely know anything about it.

I grab my closed suitcase and finally get back out of her room. She's talking with Holly in a hushed tone but stops once she sees me. I try to catch her gaze as I walk out, but she's staring at the ground. Before walking out, I say one more thing to the brunette. "Just so you know, Jade. You were never 'just a normal girl'."

I sigh loudly as the door slams shut behind me. Reluctantly, I get back to my car and tell the driver my home address.

During the drive, I realize that I can't let Jade go. Not yet. I still haven't gotten what I came for and I'm not going to give up. Maybe right now, she needs time and I will give that to her, but she isn't getting away.

My phone starts ringing and of course, it's Ellie. "Hi, Ellie." "Perrie, I assume you've seen the news. You should finally stop focusing on that woman and focus back on your career, okay? You're not serious with her and she doesn't need this drama in her life. Get to the studio in two hours."

I contemplate arguing with her, but I don't have a good reason to not go to the studio. Maybe it will even give me some inspiration to write. "Fine."

--

Weirdly it seems like I've finally found my drift again. In contrast to the previous week, words seem to be flowing out of my pen. In one week, I've already made up for all the lost time.