Chapter 6

Jade's POV:

As I leave the hotel, my heart stops at the sight in front of me, the paparazzi are everywhere I look and when they spot me, they instantly grab their cameras and point them towards me.

"Are you Perrie Edwards' new girlfriend?" A journalist asks as I start making my way through the people. Ellie called me a cab, so normally, it should be waiting for me.

"Did you sleep with Perrie?" I try to ignore everything that's being shouted at me. How do these people even know I was with her? Granted, I was in her hotel and she has a reputation for sleeping around. I just never thought they would care this much.

My hands start to sweat and when I hear someone speak up next to me, I'm ready to faint. "Oh my god, that's Jade Thirlwall. The girl Perrie was looking for on Twitter." They know my full name, fuck.

I try to walk as fast as my legs can carry me because the paps seem to get more eager as the seconds pass by. When there are only a few people left in front of me, I spot the black cab waiting for me and I practically run the last feet to the car and jump inside.

I tell the taxi driver my address and hope that nobody follows me. It seems like the paparazzi just stays in front of the hotel. Maybe they are waiting for Perrie to walk out.

The drive goes by smoothly and I walk into my apartment at ten-thirty. I know that Holly is working until four, so the place will be empty, which is exactly what I need right now. Both my brain and body need some time to recover from yesterday's and today's events.

I flop down onto the couch and bury my head in my hands. How could you be so stupid, Thirlwall? You knew that you'd get played, but still, you let it happen.

'I felt something that I've never felt before.' Bullshit.

The worst thing is that I knew that she was a player. I knew that she slept around, and still, I didn't stop anything that happened. I was even the one to kiss her first.

Fucking hormones.

My phone starts ringing and Holly's name flashes across the screen. "Hey, Holly," I mumble.

"Jade? What did you and Perrie do? Everyone online is freaking out because she tweeted about you and then you spent the night together. Now they're going to ask about you in an interview." My best friend rambles.

"What do you mean they are going to ask about me in an interview?" Panic is taking over my body. I don't want her to talk about me for the whole world to see. "Yeah, her interviewer asked which fan question she should ask and your name is mentioned in 99% of the reactions. The video will be out later today so brace yourself."

I want to end the phone call and just sit in misery, but Holly continues. "When are you seeing her again?" I roll my eyes before answering. "Never."

I can practically hear Holly's confusion through the phone. "Ow, you guys didn't sleep together?" Here we go. "We did."

"I don't understand. You've slept with her, and now you're never going to see her again? Who are you and could you please pass the phone to Jade?"

"Shut up, Holly. I made a mistake by sleeping with her because I was horny, I thought she was being honest, and now I just feel stupid. Don't rub it in. That's not what I need right now." Holly stays silent for a little while as I take deep breaths to calm myself down.

"I'm sorry, babe. We'll talk about it tonight, okay? Work until eight?" "Yeah." I end the phone call and lean back on the couch. Let's pray that nobody at work has seen this story.